• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dare I ask? Post Photos of ourselves?

Jayscal

Here is the most recent pic of my pony and I on the beach. I have had the Cal for 22 years now, its been retired from active duty for the last 13 years.

This site sure has grown since I first started visiting it, back then it was just Doug, "straight six" and Jon logging a post or two in a week, pretty boring. Now the new crew we have and their enthusiasm makes this a cool place for us owners of these rare cars. I am glad to see the interest is growing and not fading away. Thank you all!

Attachments

• Jays Cal.jpg
    Jays Cal.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 81

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
Why does the word "lame" come to mind when I read those? LOL, funny, but lame.:wink:

For anyone who is interested in the whole pirate craze check out the "Monkey Island" video games. I think the new Pirates movies must be based on these games and their main character Guybrush Threepwood.

Last edited:

Midnight Special

Jayscal said:
Here is the most recent pic of my pony and I on the beach. I have had the Cal for 22 years now, its been retired from active duty for the last 13 years.

This site sure has grown since I first started visiting it, back then it was just Doug, "straight six" and Jon logging a post or two in a week, pretty boring. Now the new crew we have and their enthusiasm makes this a cool place for us owners of these rare cars. I am glad to see the interest is growing and not fading away. Thank you all!

..Very nice Jay and thanks for the site history as well. Perhaps a new thread: "when & how did you arrive at this site?" is in order...

Midnight Special

hookedtrout said:
Do you know Danny Summers or John Bagley? They are local plane enthusiats, in fact John just opened an air museum in Rexburg, Idaho called the Legacy Air Museum, you can find the web site. John has several planes 2 of which are P51's and Danny has a few warbirds one is a Skyraider can't remember the others. John races in the Reno air race so I thought maybe you'd know him?

Cory

Hi Cory'
I've never met John or Danny.

Nice pictures!

marie68csmustangs

Midnight Special said:
...Stacey, if you ever come to Northern California; drop us a line & we'll likely get you a flight! These guys love to fly, but with high octane fuel around $4.50 per gallon and a plane that burns 60 gals. per hour, it can be pricey...

Here's my daughter Katie last summer in the P-51H. I'll be doing the announcing at an airshow in Auburn CA on Aug. 12th if anyone can make it. Prominent warbirds will include 3 P-51Ds, a Curtiss P-40, Grumman F8F Bearcat, Hawker Sea Fury and many AT-6s & T-28s... There will also be about 100 classic cars including my six Mustangs.

Ha, Ha Tim! - I've been wanting a ride in a warbird for the past two years or so.. And being you friend I'm sure that you could make that happen - espically with Auburn being so much near my B-Day it would be a big B-day present.. ;-)) As for a picture of me, I'll try and fine some good ones that I can post :))
Marie

Diesel Donna

Midnight Special said:
Donna - Get on the stick! Something tells me you're the reason Paul innitiated this thread! ;-)

No way!...Paul knows what I look like ...if that was so, I could send him a picture any old time right? Okay so we met about 18 years ago, LOL! I'm sure I haven't changed a bit (yeah right). I think we all just like to put a face to the posters here. Be patient.......I'm shy. :smile:

Stacey Enderle

If I make it there,...

Midnight Special said:
...Stacey, if you ever come to Northern California; drop us a line & we'll likely get you a flight! These guys love to fly, but with high octane fuel around $4.50 per gallon and a plane that burns 60 gals. per hour, it can be pricey...

Here's my daughter Katie last summer in the P-51H. I'll be doing the announcing at an airshow in Auburn CA on Aug. 12th if anyone can make it. Prominent warbirds will include 3 P-51Ds, a Curtiss P-40, Grumman F8F Bearcat, Hawker Sea Fury and many AT-6s & T-28s... There will also be about 100 classic cars including my six Mustangs.

If I ever make it that far west, I'll definitely drop you a line and book a flight. I don't know when that ever be, but it's very much wishful thinking. :smile:

Stacey

Stacey Enderle

Pirate craze,..

Mosesatm said:
For anyone who is interested in the whole pirate craze check out the "Monkey Island" video games. I think the new Pirates movies must be based on these games and their main character Guybrush Threepwood.

Arlie,

Sounds like it'd be a fun one to check out. I still haven't seen the second one out on Pirates of the Carribean, I'm waiting for it to go into the cheap theaters so that I can take both of my daughters and myself to. :grin:

Everytime, I see those types of movies, I'll think of our old family legend my ancestrial highway man who escaped jail so he wouldn't get strung up. It was on the German side. :grin:

Stacey

Mustanglvr

I had an ancestor who was hung for being a horse thief. Boy, it would have been tough to live in the old days.

68gt390

The attached photo was taken last year at our Mustang Club annual picnic. Seems this particular thread has drawn a lot of interest. Good deal.
Don :grin:

Attachments

• Don and Julie.JPG
    Don and Julie.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

CALIF GIRL

Here is a picture of me having fun at work.

Attachments

• TUCKERMC.jpg
    TUCKERMC.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 67