• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Yakima WA show this weekend-I-90 delays

aemoo28

If anyone here is planning on going to the Yakima show in Wa state, there is a traffic warning just posted:

If you are going to the Yakima show (Sunday Sept. 20th) at Sarg Hubbard Park, please note that there is construction on I-90 with delays up to 2 hours. The construction is on I-90 at Lake Easton.

With already a 2.5 hour drive for me, I've decided not to attend this year. I apologize to those I've made plans with concerning this show.

Bill are you still planning on going?

rvrtrash

There were two accidents with fatalities that I know of in that area last weekend. Be careful if you go through there. Amy, I was working out a way to be there so I could meet you. Thanks for letting me know. It makes my weekend a lot easier to plan. Maybe next time.

Steve

TraveledGTCS

Amy, Yep, I will still be going. I use the 410 Chinook Pass route when I head to Eastern Washington. The word has gotten out about the construction and some are using Hwy 2 through Leavenworth then down to Ellensburg; or the same route as I; or Hwy 12 over White Pass depending on where they are located. (Although I hear some will still use I-90 - just leaving earlier to allow for delays.) I will be heading over Friday so I can go on the cruise they are having Saturday. Sorry you won't make it - I was looking for company in the 1968 GT/CS class. I didn't think they would be working on the weekend, but I guess they're trying to get everything done before winter hits.

Steve - you can still come, the construction is way after Ellensburg.

Bill

Mosesatm

Thanks for the heads-up, Amy.

Looks like I'm taking Stevens.

DeadStang

I'm thinking that we're coming up from Oregon Friday to do the cruise on Saturday, too--but no CS :-( Just a '69 Mach or two.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I'll be there

OKAY AMY IS DRIVING OVER FOR THE SUNDAY SHOW.

I'll just be crazy & leave Seattle at zero-dark-hundred to make it for the 10am start time.

I want to meet Arlie! And Steve! And Deadstang! And support Bill's 68! Don't trust my 68 & her leaking transmission fluid issue, so I'll bring the 08.

Black qtr louvered 2008 GT/CS "aemoo28" plates.

(A woman is allowed to change mind a couple times, it's my female right.)

http://www.suncountrymustangclub.com/Ponies In The Sun.htm

DeadStang

Here are our cars at the park at this year's Round Up Pony Trails. Amy, I saw you pass me on the freeway (saw your license plate, anyway).

483Machs059-med.jpg

Mine is the ratty red one.

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Ah. I passed you! :tongue:

I was a lead car, but my 'group' of Fox body Mustangs decided to leave me in the dust. It was sort of a race to Yakima I noticed.

Good picture at the Yakima site! Did you get to try the fresh peaches with the ice cream? It was to die for!

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Anyone who'd like to caravan Sunday with Mustangs Northwest group to Yakima-

We're meeting at XXX Drive In (in Issaquah right off I-90), leaving at 0645 sharp.

DeadStang

Ah. I passed you! :tongue:

I was a lead car, but my 'group' of Fox body Mustangs decided to leave me in the dust. It was sort of a race to Yakima I noticed.

Good picture at the Yakima site! Did you get to try the fresh peaches with the ice cream? It was to die for!

Yeah, I REALLY did not like the race, oops, I mean drive, to Yakima that trip. I just cannot keep up with the group of late model cars in my 40-year-old Mustang, and traffic was so heavy that I just didn't dig the trip in general. The pony trails event today was much, much better--mostly old Mustangs, a good map, and people were not in a big hurry. At the Round Up next year, I wish they'd line people up for the picture front-to-back, instead of side-to-side...that might give less incentive to get the the destination first.

No peaches and ice cream--we hogged the rest of it down and didn't have room :-(

See you tomorrow.