• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Yakima Pony Show next weekend?

aemoo28

Ponies in the Sun at Hubbard Park. Steve, rvrtrash, you going?? I may take a trip to SE Idaho that weekend to check out a job... not sure yet. Mustangs Northwest, my club, usually has a good turn out and steals many trophies.

TraveledGTCS

I'm going. This is a show I usually go to since they have a separate catagory for the 1968 California Special. They place the later GT/CSs in the appropriate years.

Labor Day weekend I was in Red Deer, Alberta. Took third out of the 7 '68 GT/CSs in the Stock class. They had a total of 502 vehicles at their show - the largest International Mustang Meet so far...and they turned away 20 or so because they arrived late. The weather was acceptable. At least it didn't rain - it spit a couple times but that's about it.

Bill

rvrtrash

Ponies in the Sun at Hubbard Park. Steve, rvrtrash, you going?? I may take a trip to SE Idaho that weekend to check out a job... not sure yet. Mustangs Northwest, my club, usually has a good turn out and steals many trophies.

I'll have to see. So everyone knows, I haven't been around much lately because of two things. 1: My boss and I had a little disagreement, and I am now working on graveyard. All I do is work, sleep and try and get in a little time working on cars. 2: I've been trying to finish up this Mach 1 I'm restoring before the weather turns bad in the little spare time I have. As for next weekend, I don't get off work until 7:00am Sat morning. We'll see how I feel. Also, I may have to put a second, new transmission in the Mach 1 if it's done. The first one didn't survive the initial startup. (For those I was emailing about my woes', the "whirring" noise was the front bearing welding itself to the torque convertor. That's the first time that's happened to me.)

Steve

OP
OP
D

DeadStang

I have a couple of spare FMXs sitting around if you need one. Not rebuilt, but in working order as far as I know. I think I have a C4 that came out of a runner sitting around as well. I like the "feel" of the (incorrect) C4 in my one car, compared to the correct FMX in the other.

rvrtrash

Thanks, that's very nice. The one I'm having rebuilt (again) though is the numbers matching small block C-6. All it takes is time and money, right? :wink:

Steve

OP
OP
D

DeadStang

Thanks, that's very nice. The one I'm having rebuilt (again) though is the numbers matching small block C-6. All it takes is time and money, right? :wink:

Steve

Yep, about 5 times more of each than expected!!!