• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

World's Rarest '68 Mustang

Mosesatm

This car has the super rare side marker light delete option!!!!!!! That's what the seller says so it must be true.

Ruppstang

Got to love it when one of these rare all original cars show up on the show field. Tough to convince them that the car is not what they think it is. Especialy if they just payed a lot of money for it and bought this story. Marty

JohnnyQuest515

It has too much custom in my book but maybe that's what some people want like the Eleanor crowd. I especially like the wood platform for the shifter.

I hear rare all the time, I wish people could back it up with paperwork. I love the Marti Report that is available now, too bad we can't get the Eminger invoices for our 68's.

Randy

68 special

I emailed him and asked if he had a Marti report and this is what he replied with.

"Never bothered to pull one. I know a lot of people go by them, but they usually just validate the vin and body plate. I have rarely seen any earth shattering discoveries. I wrote Ford on it and basically got the same gen. info for free. Thanks"

Guess we all wasted money on ours. Must be too rare for one!!!

Bret

quicknick

A Mustang that got a "frame off" restoration???? Wow, that is rare. I've never seen a Mustang with a frame. I could have sworn they were all unibodies. But what do I know?