• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. West coast bbq/gathering - JUNE 22-24, 2012

somethingspecial

THE GT/CS-HCS GATHERING 2012

DUE TO THE GREAT INTEREST IN ANOTHER GT/CS-HCS GATHERING, TIM O’BRIEN AND I DISCUSSED IT, AND WITH THE HELP OF THE DIABLO VALLEY MUSTANG CLUB, WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE A DATE AND TIME OF THE 2012 GT/CS-HCS GATHERING. IN CONJUCTION WITH THE GOLDEN GATE MUSTANG NATIONAL SHOW BEING HELD IN CONCORD, CA. ON JUNE 22-23-24, 2012, WE HAVE STARTED TALKS OF COMBINING BOTH EVENTS INTO ONE ARENA.
SINCE MANY FOLKS HERE ON THIS SITE ARE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE MCA NATIONAL SHOW, WE FELT IT WOULD BENEFIT ALL TO HAVE THE GATHERING THERE. THIS WAY FOLKS CAN ENJOY THE SHOW, HAVE THEIR CARS JUDGED IF THEY WISH, AND WITH ALL THE AMENITIES OF THE AREA, CAN BREAK OFF AND DO WHAT THEY PLEASE.
MY FAMILY AND I ARE TRYING TO SECURE A SPOT ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF THE SHOW FIELD FOR OUR 5TH WHEEL TRAILER TO USE AS A FOCAL POINT FOR ALL GT/CS-HCS OWNERS TO SIT AROUND AND CHEW THE FAT, OR BURN SOMETHING ON THE BBQ, OR …? (THIS ALL DEPENDS ON THE COST OF PLACING THE TRAILER, INITIAL ESTIMATES ARE $250.00 TO $500.00, I’LL KNOW MORE SUNDAY)
WHAT A GREAT VENUE FOR THIS, ONE DESTINATION, TWO GREAT EVENTS.
THERE ARE ONLY 350 SPOTS AT THIS SHOW, AND THEY ARE FILLING UP FAST. I WAS TOLD TO URGE FOLKS TO GET THEIR ENTRY IN ASAP. GO TO THIS LINK FOR ENTRY AND EVENT INFORMATION. http://www.goldengatemustangnational.com/
LET’S SHOW FOLKS WHAT CALIFORNIASPECIAL.COM , AND THE GT/CS-HCS FAMILY IS ALL ABOUT.

franklinair

If you're there, I'm there!!

Neil

PS:
Where's Concord? (I thought it was in New England):embarass:

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Neil, Look forward to seeing you there.

Concord, Ca. is just about half way between Sacramento and Oakland. Closer to Oakland.

sam

come out to Concord, NH or Concord, MA. We're friendly..............

Doug

Mike please let me know if you'll except donations to help with the costs?

I'll place it in my calendar.

Cheers Doug

miller511

Mike,

We plan to be at the Concord MCA show with the '68. Should be a fun time.

-Jeff

aemoo28

Another CS party hosted by Mike? Darn straight!!

Don't know if I can make it... traveling with a 3 month old may not be easy. Perhaps we can drive down via the comforts of the Exploder. Are we starting a NW caravan down I-5? Rob? Bret? Bill? Dan? Tim Mck? Dave? Steve?

GT/CS S Code

Dang ... can't make it then!

Never fails! We'd love to get down to one of these major events to meet some of you fine folks from this site, but we've already made plans to drive out to Winnipeg in our camper van for next June and July so that we can spend Laurie's birthday out there with her extended family, attend her nephew's wedding, and then celebrate our "lucky" 13th wedding anniversary all in one fell swoop ...
:sad:
Next time!
:smile:

Ruppstang

Mike & Tim I know if you two are planning it will be a blast. You can count on Tari and I being there. During show hours were are very busy with the tally room but after we are done I know where I will be. As said above you should not cover the cost alone. Please let the rest of us help. Marty

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Mike please let me know if you'll except donations to help with the costs?

I'll place it in my calendar.

Cheers Doug

Hi Folks, I heard back from Otto Werlin, Sponsorship Committee Chair for the Golden Gate Mustang Nationals. Their group agreed to allow us a 10 x 40 space for our fifth wheel trailer to be used as a CaliforniaSpecial.com HQ. This space will cost us $250.00 to secure for the weekend. (see attached Email). Total cost of the placement of the fifth wheel will be $350.00. $250.00 for space, and $100.00 for fuel for my daughter haul it to Concord, Ca. and back. (It is her trailer, not mine) She has graciously offered it.

I need your help. Due to the economical times, I can not afford this kind of cash outlay to make this happen. I need to ask you for donations to make this happen. I DO NOT like asking this, but I must. One person from this site has already made a gracious donation of $100.00 toward this project. For those who do not know what I have planned, We would like to put our fifth wheel trailer on she outskirts of the show field for us to use as a meet and greet area. It has a nice awning on the side where we can get out of the sun, cool off, burn some tri=tip on the BBQ, or what ever you would like to bring. We will have large ice chests for drink, etc.

For those who were at SAAC-35, you know how great a time we had. Let’s do it again, and let’s show these folks who CALIFORNIASPECIAL.COM is. If you can help, please email me of send me a PM. Thank you all for your support.

Email:

Greetings Mike,

Good news! The Golden Gate Mustang National show committee was thrilled when I introduced your group and indicated that you may be able to be at the show with 20 to 30 CS owners. We also discussed and approved show field parking for your 35' RV. While the "Rally Pack", $250 sponsor level qualifies for a 10 x 10' display booth, we are willing to extend to 10' x 40' to accommodate your RV to use as your groups HQ.

The pace of registration is picking up quickly due to high interest levels in the show.
Please do the following to ensure space is available for your group.
> Use the attached Vendor Contract to secure 10 x 40' space at $250 for RV.
> Have your members visit the show site at www.goldengatemustangnational.com to download show registration form.
Advise them not to delay with registration as car space is booking out faster than anticipated.

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Best regards,

Otto Werlin
Sponsorship Committee Chair
Golden Gate Mustang Nationals
707-342-7367

robert campbell

Mike,
THANKS for organizing this. I will send you a sizeable donation. I am working to attend this event! You should not have to bear the brunt of all the costs for this. I want some tools for fussing with peoples cars at the meet! That is always fun! I will bring some in my car!

Your energy to take over the registry and all that entails has not gone unnoticed! We just found another 3 cars in Woodinville!!

This is great! HUGE thanks to you and Tim for organizing this!!

Rob

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

THANK YOU TIM and JOEDLS for your very generous donations. Joe used PayPal and it worked great. If it is easier, any donations can be made via PayPal, The account is robinj@bigbytes.com. Thank you again. This is what makes us one happy family.

747Driver

Mike:
Between not knowing my airline schedule or my daughter's swim meet schedule yet, I won't know whether I'll be there until around April, but it's definitely on my calendar! Regardless of whether I make it or not, we've got room at our place in Dixon for anyone who might need to leave a car trailer or other vehicle that weekend. As you know, we're a pretty short 35-40 min. drive up I-80 from Concord, and I can guarantee street parking for anything larger than a moped will be hard to find in Concord that weekend...Parking is a premium any weekend in Concord. And for anyone who needs a comfortable place to stay, we'd be happy to offer up a very comfortable guest-room/private bath, if they're willing to make a 35-40 minute drive to the show each day...guest room comes with a pool and plenty of cold beer. Let me know if you can use any extra pop-up tents or coolers as well, complements of UPS. Josh

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thank you Josh. That is very generous of you. As far as Trailer Parking, I believe the show folks have set it up with CostCo next door to the show field to use their parking lot for large rigs. I sure hope you can make it down to join the fun and meet some really outstanding people from this site and beyond.

rvrtrash

Another CS party hosted by Mike? Darn straight!!

Don't know if I can make it... traveling with a 3 month old may not be easy. Perhaps we can drive down via the comforts of the Exploder. Are we starting a NW caravan down I-5? Rob? Bret? Bill? Dan? Tim Mck? Dave? Steve?

I don't know if I will be able to make it or not. There are big changes going on at work and I can't predict that far in the future. I may not even get any rafting in this year.

Steve

hookedtrout

I don't know if I will be able to make it or not. There are big changes going on at work and I can't predict that far in the future. I may not even get any rafting in this year.

Steve

Hang in there Steve, hope it all goes your way.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to Mike and Tim for setting this up!

I can't 100% commit at this point, but it's looking promising.

I would probably fly out Fri late afternoon and fly back Sun mid day. Am I missing anything major by not being there all day Fri or Sun? I figure the main happenings will be Fri night, Sat day and Sat night.

Mike, any further word on the cost of reserving that trailer spot?

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thanks to Mike and Tim for setting this up!

I can't 100% commit at this point, but it's looking promising.

I would probably fly out Fri late afternoon and fly back Sun mid day. Am I missing anything major by not being there all day Fri or Sun? I figure the main happenings will be Fri night, Sat day and Sat night.

Mike, any further word on the cost of reserving that trailer spot?

That is GREAT Jon, The cost of the trailer space is covered thanks to very generous donations from the great folks here. Any further donations will go toward FOOD, DRINK, and Condiments. We are hoping to have enough so folks just have to show up and over indulge. Thanks.

Mosesatm

If you buy beer please make sure it's not that awful brown stuff Rob drinks!!!:wink: