• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. If you're anywhere West...

Midnight Special

...Please be our guest at the Nevada County AirFest! This event is shaping up beautifully and will (among a whole lot of nostalgic aviation,) prominently feature Renee's gorgeous "Stevenson" GT/CS right near the announcer's stand! Many other classic cars will be displayed along with scores of WWII fighters, bombers, trainers, fire bombers, ...new, antique and kit planes and full day of flying demonstrations! A USO style hangar party and dinner/ dance will kick off the event on Friday night, July 10.

Here's the website: www.ncairfest.com

Video from the last AirFest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jtyzORmllc

In addition; I received confirmation today that we will be featuring the world's only flying Aerocar! (see photo below:) Only four were built and three remain with two in museums; one in the Smithsonian.

'Love to see you here!!!
There's an inexpensive, but nice motel nearby and we may even have a CS for you to drive!!

Attachments

• AF0900611e.jpg
    AF0900611e.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 26
  • band a-c.jpg
    band a-c.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 23
  • 001_18.jpg
    001_18.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 614.jpg
    614.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 001_12.jpg
    001_12.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 51.jpg
    51.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 22
  • aerocar.jpg
    aerocar.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 30

HappyHour

Sweet johossiphat (sp??)!! A flying aerocar??!! Man Tim you guys are pulling out all the stops this year!!

Sadly Ill be out of the country so will not be able to join but wanted to urg everyone in the NorCal swing by that weekend...last years was one of the most down to earth and friendliest airplane\ car show I have been to. Its switching from Auburn to Nevada City this year right? Its not your "normal" airshow to say the least pretty diverse exhibits.

And if you know Tim he can prolly hook you up with some free bottled water. SSHhhhhhhhh...just for members. :wink:

You can really get close to the planes and talk to the pilots. Amazing really!! Tim what was that pilot of the Sea Fury?? What a "ham"!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Great video of "Getch" Robert! Here's some more of the Aerocar in flight near its home in Auburn. CA. It's new owner is my kind of guy! This contraption is said to be worth over a million, but he vows to fly it wherever and as much as possible as a living tribute to its designer. Can we relate?? At any rate, so sorry to hear you will be out of country and miss the show Robert :-(

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 28
  • -2.jpg
    -2.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 23

robert campbell

Tim,
We had a B-24, a B-17, and P-51 at Bremerton National Airport (god that makes me laugh) this week. Did Rob make it? NOOOO!!! He loses again!! I wish I could be there!! To see you, your family, and this event!! ONE DAY MY DEAR FRIEND!!!

Rob

PonyGal

Hey Tim,

I'm really looking forward to the AirFest next month. It sure was a lot of fun last time!! I will be very proud to display the "Foster/Stevenson" GT/CS! Passed out about 200 AirFest flyers last Tuesday evening at the downtown Roseville car show. I hope it will drum up some interest in the show and dance next month.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Hey Tim,

I'm really looking forward to the AirFest next month. It sure was a lot of fun last time!! I will be very proud to display the "Foster/Stevenson" GT/CS! Passed out about 200 AirFest flyers last Tuesday evening at the downtown Roseville car show. I hope it will drum up some interest in the show and dance next month.

Thank you Renee and Yes! That GT/CS of yours will be front and center! It (and the type) will also be described to our audience, so don't plan on being too far away from it throughout the day :) Have PFSlim's book and display signs there too!

The flyers you passed out are working! Phone is ringing constantly. We sold $1,500.00 in t-shirts and dance tickets at last nite's meeting alone! :)
That went a long way (along with sponsorship) to keep us in the black. Keep up the good work!! I'm looking forward to this too!! Below is this yr's t-shirt....

Rob, the B-17 and -24 are of the Collings Foundation. They were at Yolo County Airport in nearby Davis, CA recently... I missed them too, but saw them at Marysville last year. The B-24 is ex-Indian Air Force (post WWII) and the B-17 was a former fire bomber...

Rich - it's not to late! Board a plane & get out here!

Attachments

• aft2e1.jpg
    aft2e1.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 22
  • b24.jpg
    b24.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 21
  • b-17.jpg
    b-17.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

PonyGal

Tim,

I can't wait to see that Aerocar!!! It is so unique!! I did not know that it was out of Auburn.

I have been promoting the AirFest every time I get the chance. I am really looking forward to the dance on Friday night. I have heard that "Sister Swing" is a really good group!! Went on their website the other day, and all I can say is...WOW!! It will be quite the event!!!!!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Thanks so much Renee! It's working!!

...Rode along on some more "formation" practice in preparation for AirFest today :)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 18

PonyGal

Fantastic pictures Tim! You are very lucky to be able to take these flights!

I spent the evening at a local car show in Downtown Roseville again tonight. Passed out another 250 flyers, and fielded lots of questions about the AirFest. Lots of interest tonight!!

I also got to talk to a lot of people about my car. One guy was really fascinated with it. He walked all around the car and then asked if he could crawl under it to "take a look". Then he said that he was wondering if the restoration pictures where just "staged for shows". He swore that it could not possibly be the same car! He was amazed at all the work that went into the restoration. I let him know that Paul Stevenson (PFSlim) did a phenomenal job on it! Thank you Paul!!!

I was so busy passing out flyers and talking about my car that I totally forgot to take any pictures :undecided But, here are a couple that I did manage to shoot...

Attachments

• 100_4071.jpg
    100_4071.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_4072.jpg
    100_4072.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 25

robert campbell

Fantastic pictures Tim! You are very lucky to be able to take these flights!

I spent the evening at a local car show in Downtown Roseville again tonight. Passed out another 250 flyers, and fielded lots of questions about the AirFest. Lots of interest tonight!!

I also got to talk to a lot of people about my car. One guy was really fascinated with it. He walked all around the car and then asked if he could crawl under it to "take a look". Then he said that he was wondering if the restoration pictures where just "staged for shows". He swore that it could not possibly be the same car! He was amazed at all the work that went into the restoration. I let him know that Paul Stevenson (PFSlim) did a phenomenal job on it! Thank you Paul!!!

I was so busy passing out flyers and talking about my car that I totally forgot to take any pictures :undecided But, here are a couple that I did manage to shoot...

Boss 351 convertibles....... Hmmmmm.... Color bumpers not from 1971. hmmmmm. Come on Rob, leave it alone. they look cool!!

Rob

PonyGal

Rob,

The owners of the cars where not in the area, so I didn't get to chat with them. Besides, I was too busy talking about my car and the upcoming AirFest. If the owners are there next Tuesday, I'll try to get the story on them.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Good stuff Renee. Thanks for sharing with us. I remember every square inch under there!!

Paul

...Yeah, but ever since Renee got that darned thing, we never get to see her anymore! She has more "car show" invites than Newitt has "book updates"!

But don't get me wrong, I understand destiny... Renee is the perfect person to compliment a beautiful car! THAT beautiful car! Rest assured Paul; your sale of it to her was the best thing for both of you!

I only wish Renee had the time to share in detail all of her wonderful experiences (as well as of those who see the car) on these boards the way I get to hear of them (on the phone)!!!!

robert campbell

...Yeah, but ever since Renee got that darned thing, we never get to see her anymore! She has more "car show" invites than Newitt has "book updates"!

But don't get me wrong, I understand destiny... Renee is the perfect person to compliment a beautiful car! THAT beautiful car! Rest assured Paul; your sale of it to her was the best thing for both of you!

I only wish Renee had the time to share in detail all of her wonderful experiences (as well as of those who see the car) on these boards the way I get to hear of them (on the phone)!!!!

One day I will have a huge hug with Renee!! I cannot wait!

Rob

PonyGal

Rob,

I'm still waiting for that hug from you :) Hopefully I can actually meet you in person sometime in the near future. In the mean time, here's an e-hug for you...

hug_smiley_sm.gif

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

One day I will have a huge hug with Renee!! I cannot wait!

Rob

...Looks like we're all going to have to stand in line Rob! Her car has been entered to lead our July 4 Parade procession (AirFest) and will be displayed before thousands of people during the next week! She has also been the talk (and car;-) of the large weekly car shows in Roseville and has amassed GT/CS groupies of all ages with her matching charm! We're going to utilize Renee to her fullest with the air show while we can because next year....well....we'll probably need to entice a corporate sponsor to get her to return! A three-ship WWII airplane fly-by is also part of our parade entry this year. Stand by for photos!

As a matter of update - we have added a jet team demonstration for Saturday and picturesque sunset air tanker drop demo along with an exciting WWII Warbird re-enactment during our Friday Night hangar Party!

Grass Valley is about an hour from Sacramento. visit: www.ncairfest.com and let me know if you want to join us. Hotels are filling up fast!

Attachments

• AF2009073e.jpg
    AF2009073e.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 27

PonyGal

Don't worry Tim. Now that I have had the opportunity to help with the preparations for this years AirFest and have had so much fun doing it, there is no way you are going to get rid of me now!! Sign me up for next year!!!

Yes, my car has been quite a hit at the Downtown Tuesday Nights in Roseville... Not too many people knew about the Mustang California Special, and I am more than willing to enlighten them. There is one young man who hangs around all evening (every week) talking to me about the car. He just loves it, and can't say enough good things about it. I am sure he will eventualy find a different car to love :sad:

Oh, I did manage to pass out another 350 AirFest flyers last Tuesday!! Fielded lots of questions about the show and how to get there. Hopefuly a lot of the people I talked to will pay us a visit on the 11th :smile: