• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Using GT/CS Name to Sell Parts on eBay

68gt390

Arlie;
Here is another example of someone using the wording "GT/CS" to sell just another regular mustang part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=290104017284

If this hood were actually for a GT/CS what happened to the holes for the hood pins? You see this type of advertisement all the time. It's just someone trying to draw more attention to their part they want to sell. I also believe that in some cases it's just plain stupidity on the sellers part.

Don

John McGilvary

Ya Arlie, I don't think we have seen the worst of it yet. Remember how it was a few years ago when every Mustang part was made by Shelby, or came off a Shelby. Now everyone is using the CS name when it comes to Mustangs.

John

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I couldn't resist and sent the seller a note asking where that emblem goes on a GT/CS.

Perkchiro

Arlie;
Here is another example of someone using the wording "GT/CS" to sell just another regular mustang part.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=290104017284

If this hood were actually for a GT/CS what happened to the holes for the hood pins? You see this type of advertisement all the time. It's just someone trying to draw more attention to their part they want to sell. I also believe that in some cases it's just plain stupidity on the sellers part.

Don

And here is that sellers response, and as you can tell from this response, he doesn't give a flip about accuracy:

Sir;
I assure you, I am fully aware of which parts are original to which early Mustangs, and do not intend to mislead anyone. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who owns legitimate CS would be just as aware as I that this is not an original CS hood. I advertised it as I did with purpose; I suggest that if you were misled, to purchase a hood elsewhere. Thanks.

Perkchiro

And.......here is his second response when I tried to explain his error in advertising.

Again, not an error. It is common practice for good ebayers to list items with keywords in the titles that will get the attention of target shoppers; not to mislead anyone. I assure you, I am quite an expert in the field, and even though you own a CS, that alone does not make you an expert. You are, of course, correct in your assertions regarding your car. Not arguing that. I am fully knowledgeable about your car, and about my hood. Again, I'm not sure what made you think that I thought my hood was from a CS. Merely hoping a CS guy would take a liking to it. There are folks out there looking for a replacement hood for their driver CS or maybe a clone that they can add the pins to. In any event, I don't take criticism well when it comes to my passion for or knowledge of the early Mustangs; I've owned at least 27 classic Mustangs, fully restoring nearly half to concours status, and have restored several others for individual owners. I hope you understand that I mean no disrespect, but also hope you understand that I won't accept disrespect from others, as well.
I hope you don't spend much time emailing folks who list items like I did this one, because you'll surely be too distracted and consumed by that hobby to enjoy your CS.
Having said all that, I do appreciate you pointing out what you initially thought was a misrepresentation. Hopefully, now you understand that it was listed as is for a reason, so maybe you guys searching for CS stuff would stumble across it, and maybe see something you need. Bottom line, it would work great for a driver CS or any other non-Shelby, non-concours 67 or 68 Mustang. I just think you're misunderstanding this whole ebay advertisement thing; look closely at all the ads- you'll find lots more listed like mine, all for the same reason. I don't think anyone is really trying to mislead anyone; simply using the resources available to get the most potential bidders possible to view their ads. Besides, any half-way knowledgeable bidder should know what he's bidding on, especially in the Mustang world.
Best of luck with your CS if it's still in work; if it's finished, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I've enjoyed owning and driving all of mine. TC

P

PNewitt

Hi Steve,

I can't believe you wrote back....oh, the horror! GOOD for you!!!!

And.......here is his second response when I tried to explain his error in advertising.
Let's have a look at this letter...

"Again, not an error. It is common practice for good ebayers to list items with keywords in the titles that will get the attention of target shoppers; not to mislead anyone."

I would call it more like EBAY hype.

"I assure you, I am quite an expert in the field, and even though you own a CS, that alone does not make you an expert."

He apparently doesn't read your posts and this site, to see just how well-informed we all are here, one way or another.

"You are, of course, correct in your assertions regarding your car. Not arguing that. I am fully knowledgeable about your car, and about my hood. Again, I'm not sure what made you think that I thought my hood was from a CS. Merely hoping a CS guy would take a liking to it."

Huh? Like that makes sense....

"There are folks out there looking for a replacement hood for their driver CS or maybe a clone that they can add the pins to. In any event, I don't take criticism well when it comes to my passion for or knowledge of the early Mustangs; I've owned at least 27 classic Mustangs, fully restoring nearly half to concours status, and have restored several others for individual owners."

I've seen folks with ONE Mustang with lots of knowledge, and other owners that have/had over 30 classic Mustangs that couldn't tell you what the door tag meant. So, go figure. "BIG" ownership does not guarantee knowledge or expertise.

"I hope you understand that I mean no disrespect, but also hope you understand that I won't accept disrespect from others, as well."

I'm guessing you just asked a simple question, that probably hit him from left field, unexpectedly, and he took your (legit) question as an affront.

"I hope you don't spend much time emailing folks who list items like I did this one, because you'll surely be too distracted and consumed by that hobby to enjoy your CS."

Yeah, Steve, whatta ya thinkin'?...get a life,...geez louize!! Crimenny Sakes!! At least you don't have 27 other Mustangs to be un-consumed by!! Yur writin EBAY folks instead of out driving your CS. Shame, shame!!

"Having said all that, I do appreciate you pointing out what you initially thought was a misrepresentation. Hopefully, now you understand that it was listed as is for a reason, so maybe you guys searching for CS stuff would stumble across it, and maybe see something you need. Bottom line, it would work great for a driver CS or any other non-Shelby, non-concours 67 or 68 Mustang. I just think you're misunderstanding this whole ebay advertisement thing; look closely at all the ads- you'll find lots more listed like mine, all for the same reason. I don't think anyone is really trying to mislead anyone; simply using the resources available to get the most potential bidders possible to view their ads. Besides, any half-way knowledgeable bidder should know what he's bidding on, especially in the Mustang world."

<<slapping forehead>> WHAT was I thinking? DUH!! Think of ALL those missed EBAY opportunities! Like '68 a Shelby back seat, or carpet set! Shelby AM Radios! Cougar XR-7G headliners! GT-500 back up lights!! GT/CS door handles!!

I hope you learned your lesson, Steve.
(LOL)...

Seriously, folks, I'm still annoyed at how you can see items for sale, whether whole cars or parts sold to what appears to be an unaware public about the GT/CS....or Shelbys in some cases.

Good for you, Steve! :)
Keep it up!

Paul N.

John McGilvary

Again, not an error. It is common practice for good ebayers to list items with keywords in the titles that will get the attention of target shoppers; not to mislead anyone. I assure you, I am quite an expert in the field, and even though you own a CS, that alone does not make you an expert. You are, of course, correct in your assertions regarding your car. Not arguing that. I am fully knowledgeable about your car, and about my hood. Again, I'm not sure what made you think that I thought my hood was from a CS. Merely hoping a CS guy would take a liking to it. There are folks out there looking for a replacement hood for their driver CS or maybe a clone that they can add the pins to. In any event, I don't take criticism well when it comes to my passion for or knowledge of the early Mustangs; I've owned at least 27 classic Mustangs, fully restoring nearly half to concours status, and have restored several others for individual owners. I hope you understand that I mean no disrespect, but also hope you understand that I won't accept disrespect from others, as well.
I hope you don't spend much time emailing folks who list items like I did this one, because you'll surely be too distracted and consumed by that hobby to enjoy your CS.
Having said all that, I do appreciate you pointing out what you initially thought was a misrepresentation. Hopefully, now you understand that it was listed as is for a reason, so maybe you guys searching for CS stuff would stumble across it, and maybe see something you need. Bottom line, it would work great for a driver CS or any other non-Shelby, non-concours 67 or 68 Mustang. I just think you're misunderstanding this whole ebay advertisement thing; look closely at all the ads- you'll find lots more listed like mine, all for the same reason. I don't think anyone is really trying to mislead anyone; simply using the resources available to get the most potential bidders possible to view their ads. Besides, any half-way knowledgeable bidder should know what he's bidding on, especially in the Mustang world.
Best of luck with your CS if it's still in work; if it's finished, I hope you're enjoying it as much as I've enjoyed owning and driving all of mine. TC
Steve,
I read this guys response 5 times and it still sounds like " Bull S--t " to me.

John

BroadwayBlue

...Did you get a response like Steve did Arlie? I mean; I'd like to know where that emblem goes on a CS too. Now all I have to do is remove my hood locks so as to keep up w/ this latest E-bay trend... ;-)

Yeah I want to know too ... I got one of them 3-oh-2's in my car and I'm not sure where to put it ... or where to find the matching one!! :grin: