• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tri Tip Roast

somethingspecial

OK, for those back east or down below. Tri Tip Roast is a fine cut of meat that you can broil or BBQ. We take a Ziploc Freezer bag and put the roast in the bag and smother it in either Teriyaki Marinade, or Garlic and Herb Marinade. You can choose you own flavor. We let it marinade over night, but just a few hours works too. We BBQ it always. Sear the meat to keep the juices in and grill to your hearts desire (R.MR,Well done. etc). We cut it into 1/4 inch wide slices, that way if you wanted to make a "Tri Tip Sandwich", it is perfect. Serve with Horse Radish, if that is your thing. Talk to your butcher about a good cut, and I'm sure he/she will set you up. Don't forget the deli rolls for a sandwich when you get the meat. (Sandwich not required). Mike and Robinette.

NWGearhead

For an out of this world tri-tip, try marinating for 24 hours in Ponzu sauce (the roast, not yourself. For self-marination I recommend Tanqueray and tonic administered as needed):grin:

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Someone gave me a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel one time. I didn't try to self marinate, but it is a true sippin whiskey. I didn't feel a thing until I got up and went A## over Tea Kettle over my coffee table. Just my .02 cents worth. I don't recommend this. LOL. Mike