• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 The Saga Continues

robert campbell

Intake installed and torqued down. Put new aluminum radiator in and clearance between blower belt and electric fan very close. Radiator is nearly 3 inches thick. Looking at modifying my heavy duty stock motor mounts to move engine back 1/2 inch. Or maybe purchasing the Ron Morris Performance adjustable motor mounts. Pulley on supercharger is very close to hood, but it will clear. Getting ready to cut 12 inch diameter hole in hood.... Lengthening the throttle arm 2 inches for straight pull on carb.

Always something when you modify..... Will wait for headers before I move the motor. Who knows what challenges they will bring....

Rob

DSCN4683.jpg

joedls

I used the Ron Morris motor mounts to set my engine back. Have you gotten a driveshaft yet? I knew going in that I would do that so I only had to buy one driveshaft. I wanted to do it for weight transfer anyway. It really posed no problems for me. :grin:

nfrntau

Looking good,
I used the Ron Morris motor mounts also. I installed a T-5 trans and wanted to have some wiggle room for trans and headers. It was a good call and a very easy install. They appear to be well made and heavy duty.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Just a call to Mustangs Plus, Another hit on the plastic, and the adjustable motor mouts are on the way!!

Boy have I been stimulating the economy!!!

Rob

PFSlim

Rob

Love your engine. Can't wait to get my 390FE for my cobra build. It should be complete soon then off to the dyno.

Good luck and keep us posted with the updates.

Paul

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Rob is being most careful with the throttle linkage.... Everytime I look at your windshield my head hurts. God was on your side that day!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Picture of a Ron Morris motor mount. Motor is going rearward!!. I have my crank spacer for the blower pulley and the headers are ready for pick up!! 3 day weekend and my birthday is 14 February! Tomorow. Yup, I am a valentines boy! Smoke and fire soon!!

Rob

DSCN4701.jpg

Last edited: