• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Mania Continues ...

BroadwayBlue

Another on eBay referencing BJ with a Buy It Now price of $28,900.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4607555403&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

This car was on eBAY earlier in the month with an ending bid of $21,100 but the reserve was $23,650.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4602035873&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

A few things caught my eye...

1. The mounting of the fog lights
2. The stripes don't seem right to me. Is it just that they don't wrap around the door?
3. The other thing I noticed was it seemed that they riveted or screwed the rocker panel into the body.

Subject for another thread but the rocker panel caught my eye because I've been having a problem with my rocker panel staying on. It's OK when I drive but getting out or into the car if my foot hits it just right it falls off. I'm concerned it's going to come off while driving.

Scared the heck out of a guy in a GTO parking next to me at a car show. He was backing up and my rocker panel fell. If you ever dropped that on pavement it makes a loud noise. The guy screamed " What the hell was that?" He thought he hit something. :grin:
I thought it was funny when I told him what it was ... he didn't seem amused. :rolleyes:

case12

I have had the same problem with my rocker panels. The plastic clips dont hold well. (On the other hand, my 66 mustang uses metal clips and they actually hold too well - causing some warping of the rocker panel). I have riveted new plastic ones on one side of the GTCS, and it is a little better. I noticed the front and back are the worse, so I CAREFULLY flexed the rocker panel ever so slightly to bend inwards at front and rear and it is much better now. Anyone else? Casey

Last edited:

Mosesatm

The little tabs on the clips usually wear down or break off after only one removal of the trim. If the panels have been removed then the clips should have been replaced. If there is any portion of a tab still left on the tops of the clips try bending the rocker panel trim GENTLY so it will will exert a little more force on the tabs. If there is nothing for the trim to grab hold of then replacing the clips is probably your best bet.

Another option is to remove the trim, grind down the nubby things, and paint the rockers body color. Makes the car look lower and a little meaner.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Thanks Guys!

I did replace the clips actually. I got a set of the plastic ones from Mustangs Unlimited or NPD. I think it was from Mustangs.
We riveted them to the body all the way down.

I notice that the front clip seemed to be a little loose, maybe that's adding to it. I'll try your suggestions.

Rich

Mosesatm

Rich, I'm not positive about this but I think there needs to be a little play in the clips. If they are riveted solidly to the body the panel may not be able to snap onto the tabs since it hits the body before it can snap on the clip. Again, don't take this as the gospel, it's just something I seem to remember from years back.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

That's a great point Arlie. I'll check that too. I think you might be onto something because it seems like it almost just sits on top of the clips but has a stronger grip on the bottom of the clip.

R

rvrtrash

Actually my clips are tight to the body and the rocker mouldings stay on just fine. As far as the front one, it is threaded with a nut that screws on from inside the front wheelwell, and is installed into the rocker moulding first, then the threaded stud goes through the fender. When I put mine back on, I lined up the front one with the hole in the fender, put the moulding in place on top of the clips, making sure they were all holding and then rotated the moulding down, snapping it along the bottom. Hope this helps you.
Steve

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

rvrtrash said:
Actually my clips are tight to the body and the rocker mouldings stay on just fine. As far as the front one, it is threaded with a nut that screws on from inside the front wheelwell, and is installed into the rocker moulding first, then the threaded stud goes through the fender. When I put mine back on, I lined up the front one with the hole in the fender, put the moulding in place on top of the clips, making sure they were all holding and then rotated the moulding down, snapping it along the bottom. Hope this helps you.
Steve

Hey Steve,
I'm not sure what you mean by ... "is installed into the rocker moulding first,"?
What is installed into the rocker moulding? The clip is installed on the rocker moulding? How?
Sorry - maybe I'm missing something.
Rich

Mosesatm

The front clip, the one that bolts into the fender, slides into the rocker panel trim before the trim is installed. You then need to slide the bolt through the hole while you are snapping the trim over the clips.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Mosesatm said:
The front clip, the one that bolts into the fender, slides into the rocker panel trim before the trim is installed. You then need to slide the bolt through the hole while you are snapping the trim over the clips.

:eek: :ponder: OOooooo ... for some reason I don't remember doing it that way ... maybe that's why it looked like the front clip was broken - maybe it's missing a piece. Have to check this out. Thanks guys!!!

rvrtrash

Thanks for getting that for me Arlie. I was at work and just got home.
Steve