• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 strip kit leftovers

calspcl

My stripes are painted on my side scoops and they left out the GT/CS. Does anyone have a left over scoop stripe that I can use/buy to have a stencil made so I can paint the GT/CS on my scoop stripe? I know its not the right way to solve the problem, but I am not in a position to get a paint job right now. thx

robert campbell

I have two original side scoops with stripes on them. they are in ok condidtion, but the GT/CS is fine. Maybe a good "screener" could lift them from the scoop itself? Both scoops are for use sometime in the future, so if there is damaged to paint or stripe it is no big deal.

We could do a hand off at the Bremerton ferry terminal?

Rob

somethingspecial

Rob, Couldn't you do a pencil rub of the stripes and GT/CS and mail them to him. Then he has a permanent stencil and you don't compromise your scoops. Just a thought. Mike

robert campbell

I could, but if the "stenciler" did thir own rub, I would think they would be more accurate. Both of these scoops need to be redone, so damage to the paint or stripe is no problem.

rob

OP
OP
calspcl

calspcl

Rob, I got a line on a stripe. Thanks for offering your scoops. Hope to catch everyone at your place for the BBQ or at the roundup on Sunday this July.