• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 STOLEN my S code CS has been stolen please be on the look out STOLEN

CougarCJ

Yes, Thursday at PIR, and Friday at EXPO.
Both work days for me. I get paid to attend this swap meet and spend my boss's money. :grin:

May go to PIR on Saturday. Many sellers come out Friday after work/early Sat A.M.

OP
OP
boris

boris

Still nothing!! Grrr i have found a old picture from a few years back .dam i'm still kicking my ass for leaving it on trailer and for not having taken pictures! "no cell phone before i put it away" i had put the stock rally wheels back on and theses wheels were on my trailer

Attachments

• IMG_20140311_190457.jpg
    IMG_20140311_190457.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 74

calspcl

I was at the PIR swap meet, only two mustang vendors and a 67 clone. Very few Shelby parts for our cars. Set of tail light lenses and fog lights.

robert campbell

I had a friend at the Portland Swap meet that owns an S code 4 speed GT/CS. He is a local restorer, and seller every year at this event. I had him and his son scour this 4 day swap met that is one of the largest on the west coast every year.

No big block parts or GT/CS specific parts were seen that would lead to the stripping of your car. A few trinkets here and there. This is a good thing in my mind.

I don't know why, but I feel your car is still close to your home. Hidden and waiting for the heat to go away. Dang it.

Have you though about a large page ad in your local paper? Not sure what social media you have, but have you tried that? Someone saw something that night or day when it left. I hate to ask, but how reputable is the storage business it was at? Are there other high end cars there and have they lost any before?

Somehow, I bet you have tried all this, but I had to ask.

Rob

BigJim

I think the reason not even a part of your car has shown up is because your car is sitting in a freight container on a ship in the middle of the ocean bound for its new home somewhere in the middle or far east.

aemoo28

Won't be pretty.

Will BOLO in Wa State. Rob and I will collaberate. With car show season starting, something may turn up. May God help the thief when your car is recovered.

OP
OP
boris

boris

OP
OP
boris

boris

I have been offered 16, by my insurance company seems none of the sites for book values look at S code GT/CS 's just 289s are they basically 5, more than a s code coupe gt?

dalorzo_f

If an 8 out of 10 (which IMHO means basically an older show car, no visible flaws, and everything works and looks near new) 16 sounds low. IIRC there was a S here a while back that sold for 18-20k needing a lot of work as it was an older driver with some damage.

DeadStang

I have been offered 16, by my insurance company seems none of the sites for book values look at S code GT/CS 's just 289s are they basically 5, more than a s code coupe gt?

Yikes. Who is the insurance company?

clubpro

The NADA guide has the car's value listed as;

Low Retail - $10,005

Average Retail - $21,965

High Retail - $39,675

This is with the 390 and I think a pretty accurate depiction of the current values.

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
boris

boris

The NADA guide has the car's value listed as;

Low Retail - $10,005

Average Retail - $21,965

High Retail - $39,675

This is with the 390 and I think a pretty accurate depiction of the current values.

Cheers,

Ron

yes they seem to be the only ones that list a S code pricing. thanks for the tip!