• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Speed Channel

Diesel Donna

Why don't one of you guys with a big block try to get on the Speed Channels American Muscle Car or My Classic Car?
It would really promote and educate people who don't know these cars exist and help pump up the value.

~~~~Donna

68gt390

Diesel Donna said:
Why don't one of you guys with a big block try to get on the Speed Channels American Muscle Car or My Classic Car?
It would really promote and educate people who don't know these cars exist and help pump up the value.

~~~~Donna

They want cars that are concourse or perfect in all details not modified. They don't mind displaying photo's of a non-concourse car on their website. So, since mine is now heavly modified in the engine (no longer concourse, 428CJ) bay and my drivers side script being backwards plus my fog lights that leaves mine out. Besides, I've had all the attention I want for awhile with the diecast models being done. It's time for someone else to get some attention. There are plenty of CS's on our website that could do it, it doesn't just have to be limited to a big block.

Jason; I'm pretty sure you could maybe get in there with yours.

Don

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

I am fairly sure the American Muscle Car show is not making new shows. Those guys are coming out with a different version of the show where they actually drive the cars and talk about driving them instead of hard facts with some burn outs.

Not sure about My Classic Car. I am going to be submitting my 390 CS to a few magazines to see if they will do something on it. I will include the My Classic Car show as well. Cross your fingers, mine are.

PFSlim

Mr. Gage from My Classic Car was at last years World of Wheels in KC. I went over and got his autograph for my brother and asked him if he had ever seen a California Special. He said he had heard of them but had never seen one before.

I of course invited him over about 3 rows of cars to see my car. He said he might stop by after the autograph session was over. I waited next to my car like a little puppy and he never showed.

Paul

rvrtrash

PFSlim said:
I waited next to my car like a little puppy and he never showed.

Paul

He probably had to go off somewhere and wax his mustache.:eek:

Steve

PFSlim

I was alittle hacked off at him for not coming and then started to think about how many other folks would want him to look at their car as well. If he looked at one, who knows how many more he would have to look at.

Paul

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

My thoughts exactly. However, I will be throughly ticked off if Carroll Shelby doesn't come look at my car at Knott's and then ask me to marry him. :rofl:

I guess we all want approval from the big guys huh.

I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy!