• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special of the Month for Sept (a little late)

Mustanger

... very well deserved, the SOTM (Special of the month) award is only awarded to those that are "worthy"...

sam

very nice..........and glad to hear you and your son have made this "your" car.
Best to you................thanks for sharing

Sam

rvrtrash

Congratulations guys! I've always thought it was way cool that your son was so involved in the project. If more parents did this, we wouldn't be running out of prison space. This is an honor that is well deserved.
Steve

Perkchiro

Paul: I said it before but I'll say it again: You did a wonderful job of converting that rust bucket into a beautiful, show winning and stunning automobile. Congratulations on recognition that is so well deserved.

Steve in Missouri

Diesel Donna

I still can't believe those before and after pictures...Whew! Great job men!

bbeatty

Congratulations!

Congratulations Paul, Brian and Zach! You all are very deserving of the recognition. :thumb: Your work is truly an inspiration to others and your car is even more stunning in person!

I love to show the pictures to others an example of what hard work and talent can do!

Midnight Special

Congratulations Paul and a great story! My son TJ (13) and I are getting ready to tackle a Mach I we've had for 28 years. Seeing what you started with and the remarkable results are awe inspiring! My hope is to complete ours in time for him to drive as a high school senior (with pride) like I did. I also admire the touches you did to make it "your" car. Some of us get criticized for living beyond our Marty reports...

You've given a great testiment family, fellowship (here) and outstanding dedication! Congratulations again!!

Attachments

• pstevensen-e.jpg
    pstevensen-e.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 17

PFSlim

I can tell you that speaking for Brian, my son Zach, and myself that we are humbled by your comments on this post. As you can imagine, we are very proud of our car because it is "ours"!!

Tim - it was the most rewarding experience to build this car with a brother and a son. Not only then, but is still today and everyday. I would recommend it for anyone out there to take the time and patience to build one with your son.

Again, thanks again to everyone who has posted on this thread.

Paul

Diesel Donna

Paul,
I am still ticked off (no not really! :grin: ) that I missed you, Brian and Zach when I was in Missouri.I just REALLY wanted to meet you guys and see this fantastic restoration! I'm sure I will be back again to visit my sister as she lives "right down the street' from you. I'll give you a heads up when I go there again!
There is no greater reward than to have a bond with your child (or another family member!) on a project like this car. I get teary eyed when I read your posts and Tim's when you talk about building cars with your sons. Just imagine all the virtues he gets to learn by being with you and then reaping the rewards at car shows.....and in life!

Zach: :::::::::"Please step away from the car"::::::::: I love it!

~~~~Donna

Diesel Donna

PFSlim said:
I am sorry again Donna. Next time you come to Missouri, whateve it takes, I will be there!!

Paul

Hey I'm just razzin' ya...gotta give you a bad time about it! Heck my sis and I went "antiqueing" all the way there and back!

joedls

I'm very impressed with your car and how you made it a family project. I hope to have my son or one of my daughters work with me on a project one day. So far my 9 yr old son and 13 yr old daughter have not shown much interest. But I'm holding out hope for my 4 yr old. She seems to be the one that likes to ride in my cars and help me keep them polished.

You guys have a beautiful car :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

P

PNewitt

Is this the same car? No, really? WOW. Absolutely amazing!

I've set aside a few pages about your restoration for the book, as well as a color photo or two. When I get to that chapter, I'll want to interview for the text to go with the photos. Your work will be the inspiration for many others to follow.

You emplify what it means to have a Mustang experience! Lee Grey and Fred Goodell would be very proud of you!

Have you considered submitting an article to Mustang Monthly? I can ask Don Farr for you, if you'd like.

Congrats of a fantastic job!!

Paul N.

PFSlim

Paul N.

I would like that very much. I tried but they were unwilling to listen. I also thought it would be a bonus for them to know that we pretty much built all of my brothers AC Cobra replica (428). Therefore, we are Ford people with Fords in our garage!!

Paul

Attachments

• WofW056.JPG
    WofW056.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 22