• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - New "Monthly Special" page showcasing a different car each month

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It's taken me a while to set it up, but there's now a "Monthly Special" page on the site that will feature a different GT/CS or HCS each month. This was discussed a while ago in this thread.

The "Monthly Special" for May 2006 is Joe DeLosSantos (joedls) with his clean Wimbledon White GT/CS with a little surprise under the hood. :smile:

There were 5 people who submitted their cars, so there weren't really enough to vote on them each month. So I'll just select the first 5 months based on the order the submissions were made. (BTW, thank you very much to those that took the time to submit)

If you'd like to submit your car to be featured in future months please fill out this form: http://californiaspecial.com/featured_submit.htm If we get enough cars submitted we'll hold a quick vote each month to select them. In the end I'm sure everyone will get an opportunity to be featured since we have a fairly small group here.

Thanks to everyone for the support and I hope you enjoy this new feature to the site!

joedls

davidathans said:
congratz Joe...ever done a chassis dyno, what are you RWHP and Torque at the wheels with that blower on there?

Never put it on a chassis dyno. It has some good low-end grunt, but quickly chokes. I need to install a better exhaust system so it can breathe. Right now it's running the stock manifolds and 1 7/8" pipes.

still looking for one

Secret of finding a "minter"

Joe

That is one gorgeous short!!

Ford Wimbledon White really shows off the GT/CS feautures unique to it.

Nice surprise under the hood, too. For max grunt, I agree you need to suck as much air in as you can, and get it out as fast as you can, hence the exhaust mods needed.

To Admin.

Think I got this figured out. Wait till every car here is featured as the car of the month, and then just wait...until one of you guys decides to sell. Then swoop in and buy the one that suits.:icon_lol:

No seriously, you folks know and love these, and yours are the best ones of all. Plus you guys can spot the ebay "puppies" and critique 'em to a fair-thee-well

My close neighbor in the next town, Tim, all he does is keep BUYING more of them, he's no help j/k!!!!!

Jim B.

Waiting like a Hawk with its wings spread out:grin: :grin: :grin:

PFSlim

Jon

Thanks for doing this. I think it really adds something to the site. Anyway, congrats to Joe for a fine looking Special!!

Paul

TheBlkPearl

Sweet

You have a very special Special. I've been considering a blower or MDS fuel injection but I think that I would rather be blown than injected!! :)

Randy

joedls

TheBlkPearl said:
You have a very special Special. I've been considering a blower or MDS fuel injection but I think that I would rather be blown than injected!! :)

Randy

You have to change your way of thinking. Instead of thinking, blown OR injected, how about thinking , blown AND injected. I'd much rather live in an AND world.

CALIF GIRL

Joe,
Congrats, you have such an awsome looking car, and for those who have only seen pictures of it---It looks even better in person

Diesel Donna

Smokin' Joe

CALIF GIRL said:
Joe,
Congrats, you have such an awesome looking car, and for those who have only seen pictures of it---It looks even better in person

And going very fast sideways and in circles too.....rollin' smoke. :grin: