• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Some Writers Just Make Stuff Up

Mustanglvr

You`re car looks beautiful Arlie, love the fancy Shelby ten spokes.

68gt390

Arlie;
You'll love this one. While at a local show last night in the Columbus area, I was listening to some jerk explaining to his girlfriend or wife how the "Penske Group" had designed the GT/CS and that Ford only sold the cars on the West Coast because the sales were low and they new the car would not sell in other parts of the country. I just let him ramble on and thought to myself no need getting into a conversation with this idiot.

Don

Attachments

• Mouse.gif
    Mouse.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 18

Doug

I once heard the the California Specials were made with "leftover - not needed" Shelby parts. I also understand that some people also thought the world was flat.

I too walked away

Mustanglvr

The only thing that has fallen off my car is one of the rear quarter reflectors hit the road when I was doing 35mph a few years ago. I stopped and picked it up. Glad I did.:grin:

Midnight Special

More verification and the solution...

Attached is a revised version of the GT/CS information card I give to people at gas stations, auto parts stores, etc.

Since we discovered vital new information regarding our cars I felt it was my duty to include that information, no matter how heartbreaking the information may be.:cry:

...Apparently a previous owner of this HCS took that article to heart!

;-)

Attachments

• IM001548.jpg
    IM001548.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IM001549.jpg
    IM001549.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IM001550.jpg
    IM001550.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IM001551.jpg
    IM001551.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

...Apparently a previous owner of this HCS took that article to heart!

;-)

Why in the world would someone do that?

I suppose one way to answer Paul's question about whether or not the rear spoiler works would be to remove the trunk latch and open 'er up.

Mustanglvr

...I took 'em a few minutes before posting Rhonda :)

I bought this HCS for a song and it's really a very nice (fun) car! I know a really good "glass" guy here in town, so when the time is right - we'll get her fixed.

Great! It`s good someone like you has her now. She`s in good hands.:smile: