• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Some Writers Just Make Stuff Up

Mosesatm

To quote one of my idols, "What a maroon!"

Attachments

• 1989 Aug Car Collector Cover Small.jpg
    1989 Aug Car Collector Cover Small.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 1989 Aug Car Collector P26 Small.pdf
    259.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 1989 Aug Car Collector P27 Small.pdf
    251.7 KB · Views: 92

admin

Staff member
Administrator
"... the CS was not a high point and many an owner who found fiberglass parts falling of his car after a couple of years..."

Hmmm....I guess Ford must have used a different glue to hold our fiberglass parts on then Shelby did.:rolleyes:

I swear, if I had a nickle for every time I had to pull off the road and run back to grab my fiberglass trunk lid that just randomly flew off... And don't even get me started on those pesky end caps! Those suckers have a mind of their own! :grin: :cool:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Hopefully Paul will have some tips for us in the new book on how to keep the fiberglass parts from flying off and injuring innocent pedestrians!

Doug

I gues I must have missed something - my parts are staying on; must be because my car came from Texas. As I understand it things work better in Texas.

franklinair

Doug's got the answer - nothing moves fast enough in Texas to cause any problems.:grin:

Neil

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I gues I must have missed something - my parts are staying on; must be because my car came from Texas. As I understand it things work better in Texas.

Well, things are bigger so I guess you could say.....uh, never mind. I don't need any more moderator warnings!

Perkchiro

I really wonder what sort of resource this guy would lay claim to for his background information. I would guess NONE. No accountability exists for such a trash piece? Written in August of '89. I'm surprised this wasn't discovered before now, nice investigative work Arlie.

J.Bart

"... the CS was not a high point and many an owner who found fiberglass parts falling of his car after a couple of years..."

Hmmm....I guess Ford must have used a different glue to hold our fiberglass parts on then Shelby did.:rolleyes:

I swear, if I had a nickle for every time I had to pull off the road and run back to grab my fiberglass trunk lid that just randomly flew off... And don't even get me started on those pesky end caps! Those suckers have a mind of their own! :grin: :cool:

lol thats funny .......... ouch my ribs hurt,,,,,,, but it's still funny

Midnight Special

I moved my CS/CJ prety fast back in the day and "NEVER" had any parts come off.

John

..I think we figured out on an earlier thread that it is the turbulence generated by the trunk spoiler at speed that keeps the fiberglass parts from flying off. Jon, come to find out, is also a Ford Bronco driver who likes to go four-wheeling. He's probably not accustomed to driving his HCS fast enough to keep the trunk properly attached ;-)

P.S. Donna, your scoops are probably coming off because of the rough ride of those second-hand 18-wheeler tires your running... ;-)

P

PNewitt

The part to this story that's missing is that (back then) I wrote the writer an "informative"(well, OK, scathing) letter to the editor, that was printed in a following issue, and the writer of that article recinded his comments, and then said, oh, well, I guess it was a '69 Shelby that lost the side scoop....

I was looking out for your guys (and gals) long before the internet appeared..

If I find what I wrote, I'll scan and post it for you here.

Paul N.

case12

He also said you gullable "Californians" will buy anything!!:grin: :grin:

BTW, the blueprints make it clear these were NOT excess parts. They were designed right along with the Shelby.

If this is a real quote from Shelby (which I doubt), it does show the rift that was beginning between him and Ford in 1967/68. Fred Goodell was the one actually carrying the Shelby programs in Dearborn by late 67/68. He is an unsung hero for us and Shelby owners.

Casey

Timmknz

I know what flew off

That would be the fiberglass parts off the 68 RS Camaro I passed this last weekend:cool:

nfrntau

I guess it's just me. I'm guessing he wrote the article, waited about three months for it to sink in and then started showing it to owners while he was searching for the discount price on that shabby old GT/CS he was trying to buy.

You better just give it to me before you start having problems

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Attached is a revised version of the GT/CS information card I give to people at gas stations, auto parts stores, etc.

Since we discovered vital new information regarding our cars I felt it was my duty to include that information, no matter how heartbreaking the information may be.:cry:

Attachments

• Revised Card.jpg
    Revised Card.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 48