• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Side Vent Attachment??

68Fan

I'm about 3 weeks away from having my CS painted and had a few questions. Currently my side vents do not have any screw holes where the front of the vent attaches to the body. (I think the previous owner filled them and painted w/ the vents on the car). Can some provide some guidance and pics? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP

68Fan

Yes. My car did not have holes they were filled and painted which was odd. If you can provide some close up pics that would be great.

Mosesatm

Here's a shot of a yellow one. Don't know whose it is but it looks about right. The best way to it might be to drill the holes where they line up when you have the scoop where you want it. Drilling the holes first might be a little risky.

Last edited:
OP
OP

68Fan

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!! As I said before my car didn't have holes there and the previous owner had the holes filled and painted. Nice clean look but you can imagine the ordeal I went through getting the vent off w/ out knowing htere were screws there!! Thanks again.

Mosesatm

Sorry, I misunderstood the issue. I thought the previous owner filled the holes in the body, not in the scoop. Either way, glad I could help.

hicountrybob

68FAN, I have new and proper screen kits ie. 2 screens, backing material, proper rivets and scoop screws for $29 plus $1.38 postage. email me, if you like. hicountry bob here.

68sunlitgold

Also note that the stripe DOES NOT go from the door edge to the scoop, many people incorrectly place a small piece of the strip here.

Doug