• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Left side a/c vent

whodat

I am in need of a left side a/c vent. Mine is broken on the bottom, but still connects on the top. I have seen them new, but real steep in price. If anyone has one to part with let me know.
Thanks,
Dominick

franklinair

I'll check my stash tomorrow. If I don't have one, I think CougarCJ could help.

Neil

Ruppstang

A unbroken one is a rare find in deed. I had to buy a hole box of junk at a auction to get one. Marty

Last edited:

franklinair

Is this what you need? I THINK its for the left side. Not broken, no cracks.

Neil

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Or is this chrome housing what you're looking for?

If it's the housing and you're not worried about it being 100% correct you may want to consider using a '67 one-piece housing.

Attachments

• HVAC Controls.jpg
    HVAC Controls.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 36

franklinair

Specifically, where is it broken? The two narrow pieces that connect to the lower section that attaches to the lower dash?

Neil

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Yes. It still connects on top. Is there a way to fix it?

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

Would one from a 1967 mustang, work on a 1968?

CougarCJ

Would one from a 1967 mustang, work on a 1968?

Not physically the same design. The control knobs are mainly the difference, but the rear controls aren't interchangeable either. 1967 is on the left, 1968 on right in all photos.

My company is the primary distributor for the reproduction A/C bezels.

OP
OP
whodat

whodat

O.K. thanks for the info. There is one on Ebay that I had been watching and it's from a '67.

Mosesatm

Here is a photo of the '67 unit on my GT/CS. I don't remember exactly which internal parts are '67 and which are '68 but I eventually made it work.

Edit:
Now I remember; the '68 knobs won't attach to the '67 rods so you'll need to use the control unit out of your '68 unit (I think).

Attachments

• HVAC Controls.jpg
    HVAC Controls.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

franklinair

It's been a long time, but I do recall using a '67 bezel in a '68 also.

Neil

CougarCJ

Here is a photo of the '67 unit on my GT/CS. I don't remember exactly which internal parts are '67 and which are '68 but I eventually made it work.

Edit:
Now I remember; the '68 knobs won't attach to the '67 rods so you'll need to use the control unit out of your '68 unit (I think).

Arlie, that is a 1968 unit. Compare it to my profile pictures, the 1967 is flat, the 1968 has a pronounced bulge where the control levers are located.

mmarsalone

There's also a difference in how far the black paint comes down onto diffuser. On the 67s the black paint encircles the top part of the round diffuser. On the 68s, the black paint stops at the end of the control unit. It's the same on the passenger side for both years also.

Mosesatm

Getting old sucks!

My car does have the '68 two-piece register. I have no idea when I removed the '67 register and installed that one!

Sorry Scott, I trusted my memory more than your photos.:embarass: