• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

show

hcsstang

A local Mustang club had a show in Rocknille Md. on Sun. I ran across 6t8-390gt. He had his 68 black fastback. It's a nice looking GT car . The judging was by MCA rules. He got a Gold award. No Cal. sp were at the show, only one HCS . For the members on the east coast, who's going to Johnson City Tenn.?

rjw

Johnson City MCA Show

I will be there but won't have the Cal Special with me...
rjw

Mustanger

6t8-390gt said:
hcsstang is being quite humble, his car was also awarded a GOLD at the show. He too has a very nice HCS.

Congrats on the gold!!! You do us all proud!!! I also have great respect in your modesty, and I "tip my hat" to you ...

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

Oh sucks it's nothing but a run down 68 HCS car . I can't ever make the calendar pictures. Any was thanks for the compliment.

PFSlim

Can one of you guys explain what the "Gold" award?? I am guessing it is using the MCA rules but do they just award the "original" cars gold?? Is there only so many per show that can get gold?? I guess I have never been at that type of show before and want to understand it.

Thanks.

Paul

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

If I'm not mistaken they judge the cars the way it came from the factory. Eash car is judged agnist the points(700) that you start out with. The show at Rockville I had 6 points deducted from the 700. One thing they caught me on was the door lock guide. It keep jumping out when you close the door. Scuff on the sill plate and some dirt on the undercarraige. Last year at the Youngstown show I had five points dedudted. Dirt was also the problem.
6t8390gt had 7 points deducted.
Hope to see a few members at the Johnson City show.

PFSlim

Thanks for the understanding hcsstang. Are both of your cars original or have they been restored? I can't imagine keeping them that close to original if they have been restored!!

Paul

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

The fastback doesn't belong to me it's6t8390gt. He doesn't have a GTCS but he belongs to this web site.
AACA is entirley different. Your car is assigned a number and the number follows your car as long that you own it. You work your way up with 1st junior, 2nd and third. presveration than the grand national. This show is held one time a year at different locations one year it's east of the Miss. than next year it's west. this year it's in Dover Del and that is what I'm shoting for. MCA is more strict with the judging. With AACA no crawling under the car . You neal down and look. At the Youngstown MCA show last year I missed one of the plugs that replaces the grease fitting and it was pointing down on the drive shaft. With AACA they wound not of found it.
The president of AACA is Dave Zimmerman and he was president of MCA a few years ago. He ownes a unrestored Boss 302 with I think about 30,000 miles.

6t8-390gt

MCA has Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards for most of there classes. Each car starts w/ 700 points and Judges deduct points from there. They have a guidesheet indicated what each part/section is "worth". The cars compete against themselves in a sense. Tom and I were both in the same class and both received GOLD. So regardless of how many cars are in a class you can receive any of the awards. I don't have in front of me the number of points to qualify for the above awards. My car is restored and I did everything I could to get it as close as factory correct excluding the tires (BFG radial T/A's) You can check out my gallery on this site for some picture of the car.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
H

hcsstang

I don't know where the dividing point is for the Gold, Silver and so forth. My car has been restored. I farmed out the body work and paint job the rest my son did the assembly. BroadwayBlue hope to see you in Carlisle. Donna , I hope that you make the right connections for the Johnson City show.

BroadwayBlue

hcsstang said:
I don't know where the dividing point is for the Gold, Silver and so forth. My car has been restored. I farmed out the body work and paint job the rest my son did the assembly. BroadwayBlue hope to see you in Carlisle. Donna , I hope that you make the right connections for the Johnson City show.

Not looking promising to go to Carlisle this year :sad: we've been invited to 2 family parties that weekend.