• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Saac-35 invitation

somethingspecial

I have been talking to SAAC Administrator and SAAC-35 Coordinator Ron Richards (Computerworks) and was asked to promote the GT/CS-HCS portion of the SAAC-35 convention this August at Infineon Raceway. As most of you know, SAAC has welcomed us as owners of Shelby inspired cars and would like us to attend SAAC-35. You do not have to be a SAAC member to attend, but if you are, you can take advantage of discounted entry fees. We will have our own paddock area to proudly display our cars, both 1968 models and new models.

A special Concours Judging class has been created for us, but must have at least three cars entered to be valid. I would like to ask everyone who can attend to join us for what is sure to be a fantastic weekend August 27-28-29, 2010. For those who attended our BBQs in 2006 and 2007 you know how much fun we had and the great friendships we created, and I would hope this event will continue that great tradition. I would personally invite everyone here to try to attend if you can, bring your cars out to show our solidarity as a family.

I will have a 37’ Fifth wheel trailer on site for use as a GT/CS-HCS HQ and will be staying on site to watch over any cars left on site overnight. Infineon Raceway has their own security and will lock down the grounds at night, so no one will be able to enter the site at night and your cars will be safe. This is a huge Mustang event and we need to make a great showing. There will be road track events, drag racing, etc. What a great program. What other Mustang events have track events. Can you already feel the rumble, hear the sounds and smell the racing fuel. Let us make our biggest showing/gathering since the factory at this event.

If you can use this thread to give me a head count of folks and cars who will attend. We need this information as soon as possible to insure a large enough area is reserved for the GT/CS-HCS. Thanks. I have attached a link to the SAAC-35 Registration forms. http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=7905.0

Infineon Raceway (formerly Sears Point Raceway) is located on Hwy. 37 between Vallejo and Navato, Ca. on the north end of the San Francisco Bay.

Let us renew those friendships and make more.

AGAIN, YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE A SAAC MEMBER TO ATTEND.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or Email me at mikej@bigbytes.com.

Mike

green56

would love to come to the show but Wisconsin is a little far to travel but i can wish

Mosesatm

How much is the entry fee? Is it every day or a one-time shot?

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

How much is the entry fee? Is it every day or a one-time shot?

The registration fees are as follows:

If you are a SAAC member, $15.00 per person per day and that comes with a complimentary Family member guest pass.
Non member fee is $20.00 per day per person.
Concours entry is $75.00 per car.

The track events vary in price. If you go to the SAAC-35 registration form it will break down the track fees.
Mike

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Bump

I would like to think more folks are going to attend SAAC-35 with their GT/CS. If you are planning to attend, Please let me know so I can let the folks at SAAC know so we have enough space set aside in the GT/CS paddock. Remember, You don't have to be a SAAC member to attend. I've only had two folks RSVP so far. I hope more are planning to attend. Email me with an RSVP please. mikej@bigbytes.com

aemoo28

Shoot Arlie, did I miss a snarkism?
How many people are attending this event? Did I wear everyone out at my Seattle/Bellevue show?
Which airport is the closest? IF I can get some of these days off, which day would be the best to attend?

Mosesatm

If you don't want to fight the Bay Area traffic try the little Santa Rosa Sonoma airport, otherwise your only other options are most likely Oakland or San Frascisco.

franklinair

Oakland is rated in the top 20 airports IN THE WORLD as not good.... single runway, congested, in the middle of the city.

Neil

aemoo28

Which airport is easier to take a taxi to the show site area hotels? I may come in late Sat night after midnight and taxi to hotel.

May attach myself to Jbart on race track. It was such a... a... I don't have words to describe riding shotgun in that beast on the track last week.

If you don't want to fight the Bay Area traffic try the little Santa Rosa Sonoma airport, otherwise your only other options are most likely Oakland or San Frascisco.

J.Bart

(quote) May attach myself to Jbart on race track. It was such a... a... I don't have words to describe riding shotgun in that beast on the track last week.[/QUOTE]

good news Amy, i got brembo's
they are the bigger brakes same as the shelby gt500's

but i have to get better rims, i think i saw some that i have been looking for.
i have to find who's selling them

Attachments

• montane and brakes 073.jpg
    montane and brakes 073.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 26
  • montane and brakes 079.jpg
    montane and brakes 079.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 37

J.Bart

and if anyone gets to missoula montana, and needs a ride from the airport, or what ever,
my brother has a limo service.
he let me take it around the block

406 542 limo

Attachments

• montane and brakes 083.jpg
    montane and brakes 083.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 32
  • montane and brakes 084.jpg
    montane and brakes 084.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 32
  • montane and brakes 090.jpg
    montane and brakes 090.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 31

Midnight Special

and if anyone gets to missoula montana, and needs a ride from the airport, or what ever,
my brother has a limo service.
he let me take it around the block

406 542 limo

...Pretty neat limo there JBART, but by all accounts - I think most people here would want your CS to meet them at the airport ;-)

J.Bart

well,
i'm in,
rooms are booked, and registered for friday track, and drag racing.
sunday afternoon track, sat dinner.
i have the larger brakes, getting a few more safety features, ( so passengers can converse).
can't wait
who else is in?????

Mustanglvr

Hopefully there will be someone there to represent this website.

Maybe Paul will unveil his registry book there. :cheesy:

aemoo28

Jbart and I will be there to represent, and talk back to "anyone" who dogs our fabulous cs.com site. OH can I talk BACK.

I may even take Our Book to get some signatures! Ha ha HA!

I won't be there til Saturday, but we'll be at the 2nd host hotel if anyone else is going. I'm flying into Oakland at noon. My valet car is a Super CS.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

No Bashing Welcome

To the good people of this site, I extended this invitation for you to bring your GT/CS cars to SAAC-35 at the request of the SAAC administration. They graciously opened their doors to GT/CS owners to display their cars and join in on the fun not at the request of one man, but because they now recognize the GT/CS as a direct result of a vision of Carroll Shelby. The previous invitation thread was tainted by negative reaction/feelings toward one particular person and therefore became a forum for mudslinging.

I would like to ask all negative feelings be left at home and not brought to this event. We don’t need this and we certainly don’t want the folks at SAAC thinking they made a mistake inviting us. We are one big family, whether we belong to any given web site. WE have our own stories about our cars, and that is what makes us a family. All families have their feuds, and nothing brings them to the surface like a family reunion. Lets put out those torches this time and build a new camp fire with fond memories.

So far I have approximately 13 GT/CS cars and several owners planning to attend without cars, some from this site and others who are not. I for one am planning for this to be a “Good time had by all” event, and would like for us to make a good showing as a GT/CS family, whether we belong to “CaliforniaSpecial.Com” or not. I have been allowed to bring my 37 foot fifth wheel travel trailer onto the site and park it near the GT/CS paddock. I will be staying on site and will watch over the cars left on scene over night, as well as offering the area as a gathering point for all who want to get together, sit and swap lies, make new friends, or just relax and enjoy the day.

This invitation and request is offered solely by me, Mike Jewell, AKA “Somethingspecial”, currently a PROUD member of “CaliforniaSpecial.com”.

aemoo28

Well maybe I'll leave the CS.com book at home just to keep things neutral.

So I'm having trouble finding an 'affordable' SA 500+ helmet. They are quite expensive. Will there be helmets to rent at the track?

This will be so fun!

hookedtrout

Well maybe I'll leave the CS.com book at home just to keep things neutral.

So I'm having trouble finding an 'affordable' SA 500+ helmet. They are quite expensive. Will there be helmets to rent at the track?

This will be so fun!

I wouldn't leave the book at home, I'd take it and get any signatures you may have the opportunity to get, I would just make sure you aren't using it in a negative way. I think the book makes a great conversation topic for the positive aspects.