• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Rob and his wheels

somethingspecial

A young Rob Campbell working on his wheels.

Attachments

• kid working on his car.jpg
    kid working on his car.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 25

robert campbell

Q

Mike,
I was definitely a "tow head" as a little boy, not a brunette!! But I did wrench on a few pedal cars and took the wheels off wagons to make wooden coasting go carts to roll down the big hill that was in front of my parents house. The pavement on this hill was very rough and we ended up in the ditch and evergreen black berry stickers a few times!

Good times when life was simple and 5 cent Reece's Peanut Butter Cups were at the corner store at the bottom of said hill. And empty pop bottles were 3 cents on the return!! Used to collect those until I got my paper route at age 11 (1966). I earned 20 bucks a month and they delivered my papers in front of said store!! Whew, could one 11 year old boy go through a lot of peanut butter cups on a daily basis making that kind of dough!! Needed lots of fuel to pedal those papers up some steep hills!

Rob