• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rob Campbells letter in MM

murf104

Just looked through the newest Mustang Monthly and in "beyond basics" was a very well written note from our own Rob Campbell pertaining to the brakes on 68 GT cars. Very interesting reading! Thanks Rob for setting the record straight.

clubpro

I had just taken the magazine out of the mailbox and was flipping through it mainly to get rid of those annoying loose subscription ads and as I was getting to the end of the magazine one name jumped off of the page and caught my eye - Rob Campbell. It's like the old E.F. Hutton commercials. When Rob Campbell speaks about Mustangs, people listen or in our case read. Great job Rob!!!

Cheers,

Ron

robert campbell

Got to read the article in my issue of MM today. I have been in touch with Bob Houlahan of MM over the last few months. April 15th of this year is the 50th anniversary of the "GT option" package. It was introduced mid year in 1965. MM is planning to release a story on the GT option this July. They have asked for my help, and I dug up the MM issue in April of 1995 and it had a very thorough 30th anniversary story on the GT option. They need little more than that article in my mind. So with that and maybe a few more findings such as the welded shock tower treatment in 1968 for J code cars with the GT option, I (we) may be able to assist in "freshening" up some of the info. Hope to use some of the photos such as Bill Normans car as he is an original owner of his GT/CS. Couched as early research. I doubt I will add very little, but will try.

As far as E. F. Hutton!! I only hope you are not tired of me. I try to couch thoughts as "to the best of my knowledge" or "the best information currently on hand today". Marty has helped me with a bunch on Ford archival information that is great information! He is the best!! The true E. F. Hutton, but he is as humble and easy going as they come.

Rob

rvrtrash

Do they post the stories on line? I'll have to look for a link.

Steve