• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Reproduction Inside Door Panels '68

miller511

Hi all,

I bought a set of reproduction door panels a couple of years back for the '68 CS (still haven't installed them. Not sure I will) and found that they have a cardboard backing base material (kinda seems flimsey). The originals that are still on the car and are a more of a Masonite (pegboard-like and more stout) material.
Question is- Does anyone make an OEM type correct base material door panel?

Thanks, Jeff

franklinair

Wow, Jeff-
It's been a long time since I've seen an original door panel. I believe you're correct in that the originals were stiffer than the repros. I THINK that's because the originals were 'punched' for the holes for armrests, handles, etc. The repros are of a softer material to facilitate cutting out the holes. As long as the outside appearance is correct & satisfactory, I wouldn't be too concerned. Once it's in place, there's really no stress put on them.

Neil Hoppe

clubpro

Jeff,

I sell the Scott Drake door panels and they are upholstered with the original material and mounted on precision die-cut fiberboard. Colors and textures are identical to the originals. Includes chrome plated plastic trim where appropriate. I have the deluxe interior panels for my car and they are very sturdy.

Cheers,

Ron