• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 reasons why you own a 1968 GT/CS

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

hello

1 Its the year I was born 1968
2 Its from california and I am too
3 and its very rare
4 I think I,m the only one in my town who owns one
5 Its just a cool looking mustang :smile:

dalorzo_f

1. Needed a mule for an EXP500
2. Found it locally at an OK price

... but then didn't have the heart to restomod a GTCS and toss the entire OEM drivetrain to go from a 289 to an FE.

And...

3. I can't afford a Shelby. (yet!)

franklinair

1968 Mustangs have long been my favorite model.
A rarity within a favorite is a bonus.

Neil

mbsf1970

.....what Neil said PLUS,

1) its the year I was born
2) waited 26 years before it rose high enough on my priority list
3) wanted to own it while kids were young enough to still fit in back seat!

Stephen

g scott

Drove a 65 Coupe in high school 1972. Always liked the 68 model even back then. Restored a 68 FB in 2007. I sold it to help buy a 1970 B2. After selling the B2 I wanted another 68 to go along with my 65 FB. It had to be a GTCS. So I found a 68 GTCS on this site drivable but needs repaint and right color upholstery. I enjoy driving the GTCS to the shop daily and want to restore it but I'm too busy restoring other peoples Mustangs. These cars just gets in your blood. lol

Midnight Special

............>

Attachments

• why.jpg
    why.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 65

rvrtrash

My BOSS302 was lonely

I bought it as a package deal with my '71 Boss 351.
And I have a friend that had one in the 70's/80's.
And they're just kind of cool.
And you meet the nicest people with one.

Steve

whodat

My first car was a 1968 Mustang. I always liked the 1968 Shelby GT500KR. I don't remember how I came to like the GT/CS, but I used to go to the bookstore and look for GT/CS cars for sale in Hemmings Motor News and another magazine like Deals on Wheels all the time. I finally got a good paying job and was able to afford one. And now that I have a young son I can see how people got rid of their classic car when raising a family. No time for it, sits in the garage, upgrades and projects go unfinished and so on.

CALIF GIRL

It was the first car I bought at the age of 18.Then I found out what an awesome car it is. Plus what else would a Calif Girl drive?

BigJim

My wife wanted a sixties Mustang and a friend of mine knew of a GT/CS in great condition for sale locally at a reasonable price. My wife took one look at the car and fell in love with it. Who was I to argue?

Jester

My friend had one back in high school and i fell in love with it riding shot gun to school every day. I tried to borrow 2000 dollars from my dad to buy one for myself, but he said if I wanted money I should get a job, so I did and by the time I got the 2000 dollars a car was 3000 dollars when I had 3000 it was 4000. After that it became an obsession and moving to Sweden jumped the price x 2. 20 years later I finally had the money...

68HCS289

The sexy rear!!! Plus it is not like any other Mustang to me and I love talking to people about it at car shows when they inquire about it for they have never seen one before.

CougarCJ

Because this is as close to owning a Shelby Mustang as I well ever get. LOL

No, really, I like the styling and uniqueness of the 1968 GT/CS and HCS.