• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 One of our own makes MY CLASSIC CAR

somethingspecial

I was watching SPEED channel tonight viewing the show "MY CLASSIC CAR". They were covering the Mustang Round Up in Steam Boat Springs, CO. During one of the lead ins, Barry Mathias drove right by the camera with his Beautiful Meadow Lark Yellow '68 HCS. The camera man panned the car as he went by, focusing in on the HCS badge. WAY TO GO BARRY!!!!!!!!!
Mike

clubpro

The show is on again at 10:30 pm this evening on Speed. Way to go Barry! By the way my first national ad has come out in Legendary Ford Magazine and you will notice Barry's side scoop with the HCS logo.

Cheers,

Ron

CoHiCountry

Thanks for the encouragement. Actually this was the 07 Steamboat Springs show. It was the first show I took my car to after it was finished. I had no idea that it would make the cuts and end up in the TV show. There were many very nice Mustangs there and a lot of them were video taped by the film crew. When I was leaving the show, I saw the camera man filming my front wheel as I went by, but did not know he got the whole side of my car. They did put in the first brief second or two at the beginning of the show and another few seconds somewhere in the middle. The show first aired in April of this year and I guess they aired it again last night. I did tape it the first time it came on. The 07 Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup will always be special to me, not only because my car ended up on TV but because it was my first show, I won an Award and the symbol for the show was modeled after the High Country Special sticker. I also have to thank my good friend Bob Teets for all his help. My car would not have come out so nice if it was not for him. Again, thanks for all the kind words.

Barry

RedGTvert

I had purchased a car in 2001 that was a feature car on MCC in 1999. When I purchased the car, the previous owner sent along a video of the episode, a Dennis Gage sutographed cap, and a local newspaper article on the show.

Not much left up there, but here are some links to the episode.

http://www.myclassiccar.com/MCCTV/1999Season/996103/index.shtml

http://www.myclassiccar.com/MCCTV/1999Season/996103/mustangmach1.shtml

Final installment for my ownership was on Speed Channel when it was the Haggerty Fantasy car at Barrett Jackson Palm Beach 2006, and auction was shown on Speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njHriHZajaY