• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear Seat Arm Rests

Mosesatm

Were any '68 Mustangs equippped with arm rests on the rear quarter trim panels? Were those Cougar-only?

C160223

Were any '68 Mustangs equippped with arm rests on the rear quarter trim panels? Were those Cougar-only?

rear arm rest were dealer add-ons (yes, also for Mustangs). I have a pair that I will be putting on. I will post part number and pics later on today.

390cs68rcode

rear arm rest were dealer add-ons (yes, also for Mustangs). I have a pair that I will be putting on. I will post part number and pics later on today.

WHAT KIND OF HARDWARE ATTACHES THEM AND TO WHAT? I don't remember seeing anything pre drilled in the metal panels

CougarCJ

On Cougars, the arm rest attaches to the rear panels, not into the steel structure. Just bolted onto the molded plastic panels, a bit of reinforcing behind there too. Not real sturdy.

I should know this, but not positive. Three levels of Cougar interiors, standard, deluxe, and XR7. Standard's do not have the arm rests, XR7's do. Not positive on the deluxe interiors.

C160223

WHAT KIND OF HARDWARE ATTACHES THEM AND TO WHAT? I don't remember seeing anything pre drilled in the metal panels

They are attched only to the rear panels. Here are some pics of my rear arm rests. I bought these a few years ago from Allan Cross (mr.fomoco). The part # starts with C7AB, so they are probably from the Fullsize line of Fords. I can't find my install instructions, but here are the instruction for a '65 hardtop , which is similar.

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/~djhamma/options/is1751.gif

Attachments

• reararm1.JPG
    reararm1.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 18
  • reararm2.JPG
    reararm2.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 17
  • reararm3.JPG
    reararm3.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

I have a pair of Cougar arm rests that I think may just fit with the proper motivation. I agree they look better than the big Ford arm rests.
Cougar is far better!