• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 rear seat speakers

murf104

Sent our stock radio to Gary Tayman in Florida for new "guts". It works flawlessly and is also FM along with a jack for MP3 or CD player. So now the need for a package tray speaker (or speakers) has arisen. Has anyone documented two package tray speakers as a ford accessory on our 68 Mustangs? I can find a listing for a single speaker but nothing else. Any help is appreciated, along with any suggestions for the install. I have a reproduction Ford rear speaker grille along with a 6 x 9 (same size as Ford used) Dual Coil speaker but wanted to check with the rest of you before starting. Just a silly hope, but does anyone have a Ford accessory package tray speaker in your car? Would love to see photos of one from Ford! As always, thanks for any and all suggestions, images, or cautions.

66hcs-conv

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but could I get contact information for Gary Tayman?

Thanks, Dave

robert campbell

I have Jensen Triaxels in my GNS. All 1968 Mustangs have a 6X9 opening in the steel under the package tray on both sides. The Jensen's fit great and have nice clean sound and the speaker covers are not gaudy like some of the others. Now remember I am 60 years old and do not listen to much rap or bee bob!!!

I do not know if there is any factory speakers for this conversion. Someone else may know.

clubpro

Rob,

You crack me up. I don't think anyone listens to "bee bob" maybe "bebop", but I think that you meant that you don't listen to Rap or Hip Hop. Either way thanks for the laugh!

Cheers,

Ron

Ruppstang

I have not see a Ford optioned set of rear speakers but it is interesting that they made provisions for them.