• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 radio question

cool68

this is maybe a crazy question to ask but here it goes....which ford factoy am/fm radio..will work..in my stock opening in my 68 CS..besides the stock 67 ,68 mustang units... please give years and ford models:smile:

franklinair

IIRC, '67 thru '73 will fit. They're listed on ebay a lot. Later models won't be "correct", but they'll fit & work.

Neil

CougarCJ

There are a bunch of years that will work, up until maybe 1982?
The dial numbers can be different, I like the style in this eBay link.
Easy to tell, look for the chrome or maybe black balance tab under the push buttons. Almost dead ringers for the factory original AM/FM.
Here is a picture of one for a 1972 full sized Ford/Mercury, I have one similar to install in my 1968 GT/CS.

Last edited:

Maine gt/cs

I purchased a am/fm for a console from this seller and was very happy with the radio. The only one I could find who had a radio for a console.

OP
OP
cool68

cool68

There are a bunch of years that will work, up until maybe 1982?
The dial numbers can be different, I like the style in this eBay link.
Easy to tell, look for the chrome or maybe black balance tab under the push buttons. Almost dead ringers for the factory original AM/FM.
Here is a picture of one for a 1972 full sized Ford/Mercury, I have one similar to install in my 1968 GT/CS.
i,m on my way to the junk yard now looking for this radio and i,m going to run a REDI RAD to run my ipod

Tequila

My 68 came with a radio with the Ford name, but since some of the buttons are somewhat sticking I had to buy another one for a 68. The replacement one has "Philco" on it instead of "Ford". Since I bought the replacement from someone that's a mustang expert I am assuming it would be period correct.

Attachments

• 20140701_191935.jpeg
    20140701_191935.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 34

RU_SPCL2

The Philco radio on the right is correct for a '68. Philco was a radio supplier to Ford and later became a Ford division. The radio on the left appears to be a '67.