• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Racing GT/CS or HCS

Mosesatm

At the 13 minute point in The program, "Carroll Shelby King of the Road" a bunch of Mustangs are racing at Willow Springs and one of them is a white GT/CS or HCS with either black or blue stripes.

There are 3 of these programs and it's in the one about the GT 350s.

rvrtrash

I haven't seen the show, but if it's from the era, could it have been a Terlingua?

Steve

Midnight Special

I haven't seen the show, but if it's from the era, could it have been a Terlingua?

Steve

...Don't forget the Shelby de Mexico '67 coupes, although they likely weren't in the feature...

Attachments

• i910252e.jpg
    i910252e.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 35
  • i910252f.jpg
    i910252f.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 37

Midnight Special

How many of those were built?

"Of particular interest is the fact that while relatively few (reputedly 47) American-built Shelby Mustang GT-350 coupes were produced,"......

....."
When the first Shelby de Mexico was debuted in 1967, it bore a strange resemblance to another Shelby creation known as "Little Red." In truth that first Shelby de Mexico was constructed in L.A. at Shelby American as the Mexican export prototype, and was built right alongside that now long-departed, historical red coupe."

Ruppstang

Tim thanks for the large print it really helps out us old farts that do not wear our glasses!
Cool fact too. Marty