• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black Leather Recaro Sportster CS Racing Seats in GT/CS

davidathans

Installed my new black leather Recaro Sportster CS Racing Seats in my GT/CS yesterday. Next step is to install the 10 point Chromoly Roll Cage.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0728.jpg
    IMG_0728.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

Once the cage goes in, i'll be prepping the car for a new paint job (staying with black and white) then i'll build the motor. Its going to be a Dart Iron Eagle 9.5" deck height 351W block, bored and stroked to 427ci (7008cc). Scat 4340 Forged steel 4.00" stroke ProComp Lightweight crankshaft (internally balanced). Scat 4340 H-beam 6.250" rods with ARP 2000 hardware. Custom 4.125" J & E pistons. Looking like TFS High Port 225 or 240 heads. Custom grind cam, not sure on the details yet, but im planning to make peak hp around 7500rpm and have valvesprings in it that will allow me to spin to 8000rpm without floating. Prosystems carburetor on a victor sr intake manifold, planning to run the same type of nitrous plate system, jettable from 100-250HP

somethingspecial

body flex

Just out of curiosity David, What kind of body flex/buckling do you experience with that kind of torque? Do the quarter panels buckle behind the doors or do subframe connectors or other support prevent this? Mike

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

the subframe connectors are a must once you hit 400HP, i'm told. The paint job on the car is cracked on both quarter panels, but that is more likely do to other unfortunate circumstances (previous car accidents)...not sure how much is from the torque of the last motor/all the drag races. The cracks did get worse...

When i repaint the car and put in this new motor, i'll have a clean canvas so to speak...i'll have the roll cage in it, so it will have more rigidity....we'll see if it cracks then

robert campbell

David,
Way cool seats!! Can I ask you where and how much? Would be cool to match the leather on the back seat in my car! My sense is you will not have a back seat after the roll cage!

Your motor build sounds awesome! Cage for sure!! Next thing will be a full pro-stock frame with the body hanging on it!!!

I am living my dream through you!!!

Rob

OP
OP
davidathans

davidathans

David,
Way cool seats!! Can I ask you where and how much? Would be cool to match the leather on the back seat in my car! My sense is you will not have a back seat after the roll cage!

Your motor build sounds awesome! Cage for sure!! Next thing will be a full pro-stock frame with the body hanging on it!!!

I am living my dream through you!!!

Rob

Rob,

Jeff at Supreme Power in Placentia gave me a good deal on the seats. You don't want to know how much i spent...i paid less than the $1899 they go for, per seat, on every website on the internet. Lets just say it was less than $4k including the custom brackets and Recaro sliders.

I am keeping the back seat. The cage is sitting in my room right now! Its going in July 13