• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 quick question

Maine gt/cs

My understanding is that they are on separate fuses. My Dome light (interior lights ) is blown but the fog lights still work. I think the fog lights have a circuit breaker instead of a fuse.

Tim

Mosesatm

Yes, the fogs have an extra circuit breaker bolted to the fuse box.

Attachments

• Fuse BoxDSCN1972 (1000x750).jpg
    Fuse BoxDSCN1972 (1000x750).jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 47

CougarCJ

Has anyone added a stealth relay for the fog lights? Meaning no extra wires visible? My car is all in pieces, seems like a good idea?

robert campbell

The fog light relay switch is one of the items to look for to identify a true GT/CS car. Cars with the GT option had fog lights and had the relay switch, but the fog light relay was one of the many items that owners did not know to duplicate to fool someone into a clone car.

This goes way back before the Marti report was available. If you were looking at a coupe with the GT/CS stuff, but no fog light relay switch, then you might want to dig deeper.....

Now all you do is order the Marti report. Back in the day you had to do investigative work. Kinda funny how many people do not remember the old days of trying to authenticate these cars..

My car has the relay switch in the proper location, but the Gold Nugget Special did not come with fog lights. Further reference to the murky history of my car.... My car had Marchal's, the fog light switch, the fog light wiring, the correct rear wire harness, and all the other GT/CS stuff....

Rob