• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Production dates for CS/GTs?

DeadStang

I know it's been asked and answered probably 50 times, but I looked all around and couldn't find the answer (and I haven't gotten my new book, yet, either). Is the end of production around the middle of July, 1968? So a July 15th car is really late, right?

speedy02

The last GT/CS listed has a date code of 31U so i believe that read July 31. Correct?

franklinair

IIRC, July 18, 1968. The one I'm going to look at had a production date of July 3 according to the Marti Report.

Neil

OP
OP
D

DeadStang

My soon-to-be "new" CS was scheduled for build on July 15th, so I thought it was pretty late. Thanks!

GT/CS S Code

Late build date ...

Our GT/CS was ordered in April, scheduled for a May build, but wasn't actually built until July 3rd ... 37 days late! Maybe a lack of required parts, especially since it's a big block car? Or did they wait and make a run of similar cars? There is another GT/CS "S" code here in Victoria that is currently under complete restoration, and our car was sold in Vancouver, while that other GT/CS was sold further up Vancouver Island in Nanaimo. Did they do a production run of big block cars for the Western Canadian B7 DSO in one batch in early July? Makes you wonder doesn't it ...? (If I had my new GT/CS book I could try to look up that kind of info, but it still hasn't been delivered yet!)
:sad:
(PS Arlie: The other "S" code that is hiding out here in Victoria is a Highland Green car! When he gets it finished I'll send you some "teaser" photos ...)
:grin:

Attachments

• IMG_0031 resized.jpg
    IMG_0031 resized.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0032 resized.jpg
    IMG_0032 resized.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 41