• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Pre-Knott's Saturday Meet & Greet

joedls

I got enough interest in the Knott's thread that I am willing to put together some kind of Meet & Greet on Saturday, April 19th, the day before the Fabulous Fords Forever show at Knott's Berry Farm. This will be in Lake Forest, either at the Sun & Sail Club or at Fuddrucker's. I started this thread so I could get commitments from people that will show up. I need a good idea of how many people to expect by Feb 15 so I can make the proper arrangements.

Attachments

• s&s_club_amenities_6.1.07.pdf
    278.3 KB · Views: 43

somethingspecial

Two here for sure, Unsure if the kids will come yet, you know, that work thing. Mike and Robinette.

ps. We should have both cars as well.

koronen

I won't be able to make it unfortunately, I will be back in washington =/

clubpro

Joe,

I thought that everyone was going to Galpin Ford on Saturday for a GT/CS reunion. I remember reading about it somewhere, but you might want to check with Paul Newitt because I thought that he was organizing it.

Cheers!

Ron

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

If someone is planning that event, I'd love to attend it instead. On the thread about Knott's I asked if anyone else were planning something to please chime in. Didn't get any response about any other events. I just know time is getting away from us and April will be here before we know it.

Paul, are you planning something? Or anyone else?

case12

I will do all I can to drive my GT/CS from Chicago to one event. April could still be dicey from midwest winter point of view, but should be doable. I will have to do some quick "breaking-in" on that 347 stroker before the long haul. (fortunately it was broken-in some on the stand). Casey

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

This is the count so far:

somethingspecial +1 +?
tworings +1
miller511 +1
John McGilvary +1
case12 - maybe?

Anyone else? We can make it a show the day before the Knott's show. If we have enough cars, I'll even get some trophies for some wacky awards.

Of couse this is condition precedent on Paul or someone else not having something else in the works.

clubpro

I found the post where it was mentioned by Tim that we should meet on Saturday at Galpin for a GT/CS show. Later in the thread Paul mentioned that it was possible, but nothing further was mentioned.

The owners of Galpin were at Shelby's birthday celebration with me, but I didn't get a chance to meet them. I would be willing to contact them unless Paul has already started planning something. I think that it would be great to do this if it is possible. I think that Galpin sold more California Specials than any other dealership.

I am trying to finish my special in time for Knott's and if I do you can add two more to the list.

Cheers!

Ron

Diesel Donna

Well it looks like my car may not be painted by the time Knott's rolls around but I'm in for whatever anybody wants to do...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

The event I'm organizing will not be at Galpin's. If someone else wants to coordinate something at Galpin's, I'd be happy to attend. But time is running out, so I was organizing this. I'll give this until Feb. 15 to see what the members want to do. I'll go along with the consensus, but I'm not organizing anything at Galpin's.

clubpro

Where is Paul Newitt??? I will try to contact Paul and see what needs to be done to organize this. I think that it would be great to have all of us meet at Galpin for a GT/CS reunion on that Saturday, especially since were are not having the Bar-B-Q this summer at Mike's place. The only place better would be at the Century Plaza where it all began, but I think that Galpin would be easier to do.

Cheers!

Ron

P

PNewitt

here I am....sorry. I was helping my mom, with her radiation therapy for a couple of days.; and it's "crunch time" for the book.

Ok... I need to talk to Beau about "IF" we could do something there at Galpin. I did mention it to him some time ago, but nothing was set up.

I don't want to interfere with what Joe has lined up, so let me get with Beau first (he's at the Detroit Auto Show), and go from there.

How about if those of us here that have responded--give a preference of what you'd like to do. I'm OK with either--but I don't want to run over what Joe has already considered, and set up. "IF" we have a Galpin event, it might be over at Galpin Auto Sport parking lot (across from the dealership on Roscoe & 405), with a BBQ(?). The dealership also has an on-site restaurant (Horseless Carriage).

But...what Joe has proposed is more intimate, and relaxed and social, in the context of a restaurant, etc...

I'll get with Beau ASAP--early next week--and let you all know what could happen. But, in the meantime, let us know what you prefer. I can go with either preference.

At the very least, we owe Joe a thank you for coordinating this meet & greet idea.

Paul N.

clubpro

Paul,

Thanks for responding! I hope and pray that your mom is feeling well.

I would vote for the Galpin event and I know that my cousin would also vote for Galpin. I think that it would be great to get all of our cars back together again at one of the largest Cal Special dealerships in the country. There are motels close by and then we could all drive down to Knotts together. Can you picture 30 or 40 Cal Specials driving down to Knotts on Sunday morning?

I can call Jerry Heasley the photographer or David Newhardt and have them do a photo session both at Galpin and of the road trip to Knotts. I would be willing to help in any way that is needed.

Cheers!

Ron

P

PNewitt

News Flash!

I just heard from Beau, and he's all for an event at Galpin on Sat, the 19th of April!!

It's a GO! It's just a matter of firming up the details next week. We "might" get catering or something from the (Galpin) restaurant there at the dealership.

We need to know how many will want to attend (you do not need a GT/CS to show up, but bring yours if you can!!!). Please post here ASAP, or if you're reading without being registered on this site, you can send me a note to the registry address at:

Paul M. Newitt
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

This will be awesome!
I would like to thank Joe for promoting this idea, and I appreciate his efforts to get us together the day before Knott's.

I'd like to do an article on this for the magazines--and do some photos myself.

Paul N.