• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Prayers & best wishes for Paul and his mom

obwan93001

WOW. Thank you!

I just got home today from about 10 days of taking care of my mom and...

Paul Newitt

Paul,

Very glad to hear things went well with your mom's surgery and she's on the road to recovery! I too agree we are a Special family here f'sure. I am more of a reader so don't post much but once me and my dad begin work again on our GT/CS I'm sure I'll be posting more to pick y'all's brains some.

Both of my parents are in their 70s and both had surgery in the past yr, although nothing in comparison to what your mom has gone through Paul. Dad had knee replacement surgery late last yr and mom slipped on an uneven section of sidewalk at a shopping center and bumped her head and broke her right shoulder requiring she have shoulder replacement surgery earlier this yr. Needless to say I spent alot of time helping them out in just getting around their house, to the store, Dr's appts, etc. Both are still pretty active, not active enough to play tennis or jog or anything like that but they don't sit still for too long at least in the daylight hours so thank God they recovered as quick as they did.

So with all that said I too have garnered a far better appreciation for those who take care of their elderly family members in any capacity and applaud them.

Those of you in the ice affected areas of our country be careful out there and Happy Holidays all!

Oscar