• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Prayers & best wishes for Paul and his mom

clubpro

Paul,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom as she prepares for her surgery. Jan and I went through the same thing 7 years ago with my mom. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask even if it is just someone to talk to. You have my number.

I know that the GT/CS family will also be praying and thinking good thoughts for you and your mom.

Sincerely,

Ron

Midnight Special

Paul,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom as she prepares for her surgery. Jan and I went through the same thing 7 years ago with my mom. If there is anything you need please don't hesitate to ask even if it is just someone to talk to. You have my number.

I know that the GT/CS family will also be praying and thinking good thoughts for you and your mom.

Sincerely,

Ron

Well said Ron - Ditto!

CALIF GIRL

Paul,
Our thoughts and prayers are also with you and your family.

joedls

Paul,

If you need ANYTHING, please call. I'll do what I can. Make sure your Mom knows how much we all appreciate the work she does, helping you with the registry.

Here's to a quick and complete recovery!!

Joe

our special

Paul, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom. Please pass along to your Mom our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dave & Heather

Mustanger

Paul,
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family during this tough time ...

wally05

Ditto, I wish her the best and will say some prayers for the family. :)

Korey

Diesel Donna

Paul,
My sincerest thoughts and wishes are with you and your mother.
Take care of yourself.

P

PNewitt

WOW. Thank you!

I just got home today from about 10 days of taking care of my mom and her place. I re-painted her bathroom, and added new flooring--all in four days--while waiting for her recovery.

My mom is 83, but sharp as a tack, and this was her first time ever in a hospital. It was difficult for me to see her go into surgery, and in the ICU. I think that for any of us, it's difficult to see a parent, or elder relative go through something like this. I've gained a new respect for those who have friends and family with medical problems. This was stage II colon cancer, and it meant removing part of the colon. This was something that I researched on the net, and was ready to sell my GT/CS if it meant having the money for (cancer) treatment for her anywhere in the country. That didn't have to happen, but I was ready to do it if I had to. The post op went well, and she bounced back pretty well, with a small concern now for controlling her high blood sugar, something I understand is common in post op (she is not diabetic). The tumor didn't spread, with a small follow up of low radiation and chemo in 2 weeks.

I was off line for all this time, unable to see this wonderful thread; and I greatly thank all of you for your concern and support. I think that this "family" of ours here is a thoughtful one, and far reaching. I continue to be amazed and touched to be part of this group (a thank you is in order for Jon Hanna for making this website and forum).

I'm ready to hit the ground running on the book, as today is an organizational day to figure out my next move.

I hope to not make my situation any more inportant than any others', just that I was going to be gone for a short while--and that my mom has been instrumental in keeping the registry on track. My heart goes out to any of you with friends and family that are in the hospital, or are not well, especially during this holiday season.

My sincere thanks,

Paul Newitt

wally05

Paul, it's great to hear she is better! It's hard to see that. When I was in high school about 5 years ago, I had to watch over my dad after he had a pretty severe stroke. Then we lost him about 1.5 years ago, so the holidays are hard. You just gotta be thankful for that time you have with them. :) Good luck on the book! I am anticipating it greatly!

franklinair

Friends, Prayers, Support. These are wonderful things to have. Glad to hear things are on the upswing.
Neil Hoppe

CALIF GIRL

Paul,

I am happy things went well. My good thoughts and prayers are still with you and your mom during her recovery.

Marion

Stacey Enderle

So glad it all went well!!!

WOW. Thank you!

I just got home today from about 10 days of taking care of my mom and her place. I re-painted her bathroom, and added new flooring--all in four days--while waiting for her recovery.

My mom is 83, but sharp as a tack, and this was her first time ever in a hospital. It was difficult for me to see her go into surgery, and in the ICU. I think that for any of us, it's difficult to see a parent, or elder relative go through something like this. I've gained a new respect for those who have friends and family with medical problems. This was stage II colon cancer, and it meant removing part of the colon. This was something that I researched on the net, and was ready to sell my GT/CS if it meant having the money for (cancer) treatment for her anywhere in the country. That didn't have to happen, but I was ready to do it if I had to. The post op went well, and she bounced back pretty well, with a small concern now for controlling her high blood sugar, something I understand is common in post op (she is not diabetic). The tumor didn't spread, with a small follow up of low radiation and chemo in 2 weeks.

I was off line for all this time, unable to see this wonderful thread; and I greatly thank all of you for your concern and support. I think that this "family" of ours here is a thoughtful one, and far reaching. I continue to be amazed and touched to be part of this group (a thank you is in order for Jon Hanna for making this website and forum).

I'm ready to hit the ground running on the book, as today is an organizational day to figure out my next move.

I hope to not make my situation any more inportant than any others', just that I was going to be gone for a short while--and that my mom has been instrumental in keeping the registry on track. My heart goes out to any of you with friends and family that are in the hospital, or are not well, especially during this holiday season.

My sincere thanks,

Paul Newitt

:smile: :smile:

Hi Paul,

I know it's late - late for me to see this, but I'm sure glad it all went well for you and your mom. Not everyone makes it through like she did. I'm sure glad she did. My folks were not so lucky as they both waited too long. I hope things will be back to normal very very soon for you and see you more on the forum again. Although here I should talk (shaking finger at myself) I was absent for awhile too.

Best Regards,

Stacey