• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

POLL: Meeting at Carlisle to celebrate the 40th? Please be realistic in your answer.

Do you plan on attending the All-Ford Nationals at Carlisle in 2008?

• Yes I am planning on bringing my 1966/1967 HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't commit now but possibly will be bringing my 1968 HCS

• Can't commit now but possibly will be bringing my 1966/1967 HCS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I will be attending with my 2008 GT/CS arriving on Sat and Leaving to go home Monday Morning. Can't wait to see a bunch of CS Stangs together!! I hope we can get more participation on this since it is the 40th Ann. of the Cali Specials!!!

That's great wldpony!

While we won't have a formal gathering like they did in Galpin it will be a great opportunity to meet other GT/CS and HCS owners from the site and some that don't frequent the site. Unfortunately the classic and late models don't part together there but I'm sure we'll hook up at some point.

I'm just looking forward to seeing another GT/CS in person besides one that I own or have owned! :grin: I saw one just before I bought one and haven't seen another in person since!

I got a letter from them this week that the following are planned to be at Carlisle as well...

The new KITT from the new TV series
Shelby GR1
GT500KR
New Bullitt
Glass-Roof Mustangs
Ford Racing new concept FR500KR Factory Race Car

Ladystang

The poll at the top of this thread is probably a bit outdated. I know a few maybe and no votes are now yes votes. I didn't want to start another thread though.

Currently I have an unoffical count of 9 1968 GT/CS and HCS cars coming to Carlisle. This includes non-site members.
I think there is a strong possibility of additional non-site members attending as well. It looks like we're tracking toward a nice turnout.

I think there is supposed to be another 4-5 site members attending without their cars.

I haven't heard of any late models attending yet but I'm sure there will be a number of them.

Hopefully we can get together for a photo op on Saturday or Sunday. (assuming not everyone will be there on Friday)

If you wouldn't mind letting me know your plans by posting here or you can drop me an email or PM.
Also, please let me know the following:

1. Are you planning on attending

2. Days that you are planning on arriving or leaving (helpful in trying to setup a photo op)

3. Whether or not your bringing your car (include year and model (GT/CS or HCS) if your are bringing it)

Thanks everyone !

I will be attending the show, but will be parking with the Badmustangsclub. We have about 60 cars in our group, and I know that at least 4 of them are 2007 California specials. We will have a large tent for our group of peeps.
Staying at the Holiday Inn with the group.

Would be nice to have a photo of all the CS's, old and new together.

hicountrybob

I will be attending the show, but will be parking with the Badmustangsclub. We have about 60 cars in our group, and I know that at least 4 of them are 2007 California specials. We will have a large tent for our group of peeps.
Staying at the Holiday Inn with the group.

Would be nice to have a photo of all the CS's, old and new together.

I'll be there, thanks to "hcsstang"., Tom Eldridge(sp). I applied (sent app and pics) for the invitational class last week. If my HCS does not make the cut, regretfully I'll be entering the Cobra Jet class. This means I can't park in my Mustang class with my fellow bros (CS and HCS) if we'll have such class. Do we have enough cars for our own class, yet. Also, the invitational class cars has to be parked by Thurs. evening and cannot leave before 3 on Sunday so how can I hook up for pictures w/ you people? Hicountry Bob Teets here.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I'll be there, thanks to "hcsstang"., Tom Eldridge(sp). I applied (sent app and pics) for the invitational class last week. If my HCS does not make the cut, regretfully I'll be entering the Cobra Jet class. This means I can't park in my Mustang class with my fellow bros (CS and HCS) if we'll have such class. Do we have enough cars for our own class, yet. Also, the invitational class cars has to be parked by Thurs. evening and cannot leave before 3 on Sunday so how can I hook up for pictures w/ you people? Hicountry Bob Teets here.

Hi Bob,

I heard you were going to be coming - glad to hear it and looking forward to the chance to meet with you and other owners.

I think your car deserves to be in the Invitational or Cobra Jet Class!
Sounds like they're planning a big celebration for the CJ 40th.

Unfortunately we will not have our own class. We weren't getting much of a response back in late 2007 early 2008 when we needed it to justify it. I was in contact with the event planner from Carlisle but couldn't justify getting our own parking area or anything without being able to confirm how many cars. At that time I didn't know if we would even have 5 cars at that point. So I didn't have a lot of pull to push them for something. I couldn't secure us a spot and have 5 cars show up :smile: I would think we would have needed at least 10 or more to secure something. After all that I think we are going to end up with about 10 '68's and not sure how many late models will be there but I'm sure plenty.

Looking back we should have registered as the californiaspecial.com club and rented a tent or if we got 25 entries they would have supplied one. We could have parked together but for those interested in awards on Saturday they would still have to park in their respective classes I believe.

As it is now the 68 GT/CS and HCS cars (and other year HCS cars if any) will be parked with their respective years and the same for the late models.
Because of everyone arriving different days and coming from some great distances trying to meet up before and drive in together doesn't seem logical. My understanding is that traffic around the fairgrounds gets pretty crazy on Saturday and all you need is a few people caught in traffic and the group could be waiting hours to get in. The other challenge is people are showing up different days and leaving different days.

I really would have liked to have had all the GT/CS and HCS cars regardless of year parked together but we just didn't have the interest when we needed it. But that doesn't mean we can't all meet and try to get together for a photo opportunity. With and without cars.

I'm planning on starting another thread this week with an updated poll and contacting those that expressed interest in attending. We can exchange cell phone #'s so we can try to keep in touch and figure out where to meet. Possibly pick a spot at the fairgrounds and time to meet on Saturday.
Saturday is the day that most should be there since some people are just coming for the day. My plan is to arrive Thursday and leave on Sunday.
I'm thinking about doing a Pony Trail drive sponsored by CJ Pony Parts on Friday but they haven't posted all the details yet. If some are interested in driving their cars that could be fun, we can try to get some of us together and give rides to those that don't want to add the miles on.

I've been in touch with Tom as well and he helped me figure out cars that should be coming both site members and those that don't frequent the site.

Right now my estimate is 10 68's and an unknown number of late models.
I'll try to confirm in that over the next 2 weeks the best I can.

I got my confirmation from Carlisle this week as well.

For those of you that are registering. Specify that your car is a GT/CS or HCS maybe if they see the numbers they'll give us a parking area. They don't finalize the showfield until the May 19th early registration deadline. It's worth a shot and once I know how many cars are coming I'll reach out to them one more time to see if they'll give us a spot on the showfield.

Sorry for the long post everyone! Hopefully over the next few weeks we can become a little more organized and come up with a plan. About 6 weeks away!

Status
Not open for further replies.