• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS plugs & C4 info needed

66hcs-conv

Hi all,

What makes the plugs in the first photo have the red color to them? They are the ones I took out of the 289 engine prior to having it rebuilt.

In the next three transmission photos, is the converter seated properly?
I pulled the transmission off the back of the engine and have not done anything to it. After reading horror stories about how the converter needs to be seated properly, I just want to make sure it's OK, and didn't become "unseated' in the removal process. I cannot get my fingers in behind the converter at any spot.

Thanks for your help, Dave

Attachments

• mustangparts 002.jpg
    mustangparts 002.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 29
  • mustangparts 003.jpg
    mustangparts 003.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 26
  • mustangparts 004.jpg
    mustangparts 004.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 22
  • mustangparts 005.jpg
    mustangparts 005.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 22

robert campbell

plugs look very good!! You can put a strait edge across the bell housing and measure to the flex plate if you have the motor.

Or the best way is to shove and old driveline yoke or the plastic plugs they have now a days in the tail house and tip the tranny up on end. Spin the torque convertor slowly and gravity will let it seat into the front pump notches. And if you have your fingers behind you will smash them as the TC drops in place.....

Ask me why I know.....

Rob

OP
OP
66hcs-conv

66hcs-conv

Rob, thanks for your help. Once I get the flex plate on, I'll do some measuring. I'm doing this by myself, so lifting the transmission up on it's end would be a task.

Having trouble with one of the threaded bolt holes in the end of the crank, it doesn't want to allow a bolt to be screwed in. I can screw any of the bolts into any other of the 5 holes, but one of them is a problem. :eek:

So what makes the plugs have the red color to them? I'm used to having the plugs be a nice tan or gray color.

Thanks, Dave