• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Pictures Of Real Life!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Donna,
I can spell, "now" that's a big truck.

I have watched truckers is similar rigs in areas where no sane person would go with something that big. It amazes me how they can wheel around, and back up!!! I back a boat trailer twice a year.... It shows..... I wear a bag on my head and show up late at night at the boat launch because I am so bad!

And you have to use mirrors to back up! I have a ton of respect for that!

Rob

Diesel Donna

Donna,
I can spell, "now" that's a big truck.

I have watched truckers is similar rigs in areas where no sane person would go with something that big. It amazes me how they can wheel around, and back up!!! I back a boat trailer twice a year.... It shows..... I wear a bag on my head and show up late at night at the boat launch because I am so bad!

And you have to use mirrors to back up! I have a ton of respect for that!

Rob

Who said I was sane? I've scared the crap out of myself before. My biggest compliment had to be the time I was sitting in my tractor taking a break, eating an ice cream cone and a guy in a pick up truck drove by...backed up...said he was a truck driver too but he had to ask me "How the HELL did you get in there and how the HELL are you going to get out?" And I was pulling doubles...you don't back those up very far. Gotta go straight everywhere you go or you get in a real pretzel...like you gotta break up the set (if you can) or call for a hook. And I thought the hardest part was climbing one handed into a cabover truck with an ice cream cone.
At my vacation place a lot of the neighbors wives are really happy to see me so I can back their boats in the lake for them while their husband pilots the boat. We have a very steep launch ramp....a lot of divorces start on that ramp so I figured I have saved some marriages. All in a days work, I love it!

~~~~Donna

Diesel Donna

I love the picture of Teresa....she's very petite and you'd never imagine she would kick your butt and filet it too.

hookedtrout

Here's a few more of East Idaho while my son and I have been out hunting. Lovely fall weather we've been having.

Attachments

• Tetons.jpg
    Tetons.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Bitch Creek.jpg
    Bitch Creek.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Who said I was sane? I've scared the crap out of myself before. My biggest compliment had to be the time I was sitting in my tractor taking a break, eating an ice cream cone and a guy in a pick up truck drove by...backed up...said he was a truck driver too but he had to ask me "How the HELL did you get in there and how the HELL are you going to get out?" And I was pulling doubles...you don't back those up very far. Gotta go straight everywhere you go or you get in a real pretzel...like you gotta break up the set (if you can) or call for a hook. And I thought the hardest part was climbing one handed into a cabover truck with an ice cream cone.
At my vacation place a lot of the neighbors wives are really happy to see me so I can back their boats in the lake for them while their husband pilots the boat. We have a very steep launch ramp....a lot of divorces start on that ramp so I figured I have saved some marriages. All in a days work, I love it!

~~~~Donna

Boat launches in the summer!! No better free entertainment!

Rob

1968cal

Fleet Week SFO

Donna here are a few of the 50 to 60 photo I took at Fleet Week at SF Airport

Attachments

• IMG_1011.JPG
    IMG_1011.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1000.JPG
    IMG_1000.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1010.JPG
    IMG_1010.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

EXCELLENT!!! Donna loves green!!! Wonder what her truck would look like in lime gold?? Now that would stand out in the crowd!! Campbell, California!! Sounds like a great town!

Rob

PonyGal

Great pictures everyone!!

I have been offline for a week or so. No power for a few days, and then a HORRIBLE flu!! Just catching up on all the posts.

Here are a few pictures on me "in real life". As you can see, I like to travel a bit...

Also one from halloween last year. ARRRRGGGG!!

Attachments

• Yellowstone2005 039.jpg
    Yellowstone2005 039.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Fort Bragg Oct '05 017.jpg
    Fort Bragg Oct '05 017.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Cabo 2006.JPG
    Cabo 2006.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 101_0079.jpg
    101_0079.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_3394.jpg
    100_3394.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_2852.jpg
    100_2852.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 59
  • 100_3290.jpg
    100_3290.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 47

Diesel Donna

EXCELLENT!!! Donna loves green!!! Wonder what her truck would look like in lime gold?? Now that would stand out in the crowd!! Campbell, California!! Sounds like a great town!

Rob

Funny you should say that! This 19 year old tractor and trailer used to be pea green. It was a working rig with the former company S.E. Rykoff.

hookedtrout

Great pictures Renee', next time you get that close to the Tetons you better let me know so I can run over and say hi.

Cory

PonyGal

Great pictures Renee', next time you get that close to the Tetons you better let me know so I can run over and say hi.

Cory

Don't worry, I definitely will!! I really would like to go back again soon. That picture was taken 4 years ago in September. I loved it when I was there. So BEAUTIFUL!!!! Even got a bit of snow :)

hookedtrout

Don't worry, I definitely will!! I really would like to go back again soon. That picture was taken 4 years ago in September. I loved it when I was there. So BEAUTIFUL!!!! Even got a bit of snow :)

Snow seems to come at all times of the year around here, we've had snow in July. Sounds like you are feeling better, at least I hope so. The flu thing this year is pretty nasty.

Cory

PonyGal

Snow seems to come at all times of the year around here, we've had snow in July. Sounds like you are feeling better, at least I hope so. The flu thing this year is pretty nasty.

Cory

I am feeling a lot better thank you. I was MISERABLE over the weekend. High fever, body aches, chills, YUCK!!! Did not even get out of bed much for three days :-(

Boy, I sure would love to have a picture of my CS right there where I am standing in the Tetons. Now that would make a NICE shot!!!

hookedtrout

Squeak and I went out hunting again this morning and as usual a whole lot of shooting but no game in the truck just a whole lot of digital shots. Maybe if I left the camera home I'd actually look for deer & elk instead getting so wrapped in the beauty of my back yard.

Cory

Attachments

• Rds Graveyard Flats3.jpg
    Rds Graveyard Flats3.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0350.jpg
    IMG_0350.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35