• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Pictures Of Real Life!

GT/CS S Code

... and sometimes she's a Wild West Show performer ... all dressed up and getting balloons or water buckets "shot" out of her dainty little fingers!
(... and sometimes the old guy does a bit of the same too ...)
:wink:

Attachments

• TT&Al.jpg
    TT&Al.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 34
  • T&Gary.jpg
    T&Gary.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Dancin.jpg
    Dancin.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Museum1.jpg
    Museum1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 21
  • AerialAl.jpg
    AerialAl.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DocPage5.jpg
    DocPage5.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 25
  • a bucket shot.jpg
    a bucket shot.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Wild West Performers GS4.jpg
    Wild West Performers GS4.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 21

Diesel Donna

I was at Fleet Week (working) at the San Francisco airport on Sunday, October 11th and I didn't know there was going to be a car show there. Guess who was there! I looked across the ramp and there among some 200 or so cars, I could see a CS! I literally ran across the ramp to the owner...it was Steve, AKA 1968 CAL on this website. I met him in Grass Valley at Mike and Robinette's.
At the end of the day I asked if Steve would come park his car next to my big rig for a photo and he did. My digital camera was not working right so all I had was my old film type camera. Steve took some digital pictures so I am hoping he will post them here. It was such a thrill to see a CS there, made my day!
Tim you should have been there....the Blue Angels were!

~~~~Donna

GT/CS S Code

Trade secret ...

I really shouldn't tell you this, but in the picture of Laurie running away from the "bad guys" with the water bucket in her hand, there are two holes already pre-drilled, one on either side of the bucket. There are two corks with a connecting string inside the bucket full of water, and when "The Apache Kid" (our friend Reggie Byrum) "shoots" a "bullet" through the bucket from horseback, Laurie pulls the string, releasing the two corks inside the bucket, and the water pours out either side through the "bullet holes" ...
It's always a crowd pleaser, and now you know just how it's done!
(Can't fool you guys anymore, can we?)

Mustanglvr

... and sometimes she's a Wild West Show performer ... all dressed up and getting balloons or water buckets "shot" out of her dainty little fingers!
(... and sometimes the old guy does a bit of the same too ...)

That all looks like great fun!

Midnight Special

Al,
'Love the "old west" stuff! Target shooting is something we enjoy very much with my daughter Katie among the best in our circle. My dad taught me to shoot at a young age, so I passed it on to our three. It's neat that you take the tradition to higher and more entertaining levels!

Donna,
I may have gone to SF to see the "Blues" had we not seen them for four days at Reno recently. here are a few of many pics of them at the races... Knowing in advance there was a car show and you were there would have sealed it! I wonder if Robert is back from Germany. We owe him a visit too :)

...And those BBQs that Mike put on were indeed "something special"! One could fill an entire book just on that!..

Attachments

• 0216.jpg
    0216.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 1743.jpg
    1743.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 1669.jpg
    1669.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 1742.jpg
    1742.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 1666.jpg
    1666.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 1663.jpg
    1663.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_0381.jpg
    DSC_0381.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0357.jpg
    DSC_0357.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 38

GT/CS S Code

Great looking M1 Garand ... is that one a military issue or a Springfield Armory commercial? Looks almost new! (The one I own myself is a SA commercial production rifle in .30-06.)
I really like to shoot the "old timers" more than anything ... (guns that is) ...
:grin:
I try to shoot old, orginal guns for most of our Cowboy Action Shooting events, especially for the traditional target Schuetzen Match that we have each year up at our local club. (I've managed to win that event twice now, and as the winner you get to keep the beautiful Schuetzen target as the trophy)
Laurie shoots very well, and she looks pretty good when she's dressed up in her late 1800's clothes too!

Attachments

• Headquarters rifle match 021 (Medium).jpg
    Headquarters rifle match 021 (Medium).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Headquarters rifle match 044 (Medium).jpg
    Headquarters rifle match 044 (Medium).jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Headquarters rifle match 047 (Medium).jpg
    Headquarters rifle match 047 (Medium).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Laurie Manitoba trip 2009 172 (Medium).jpg
    Laurie Manitoba trip 2009 172 (Medium).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Laurie Manitoba trip 2009 171 (Medium).jpg
    Laurie Manitoba trip 2009 171 (Medium).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Headquarters 2006 089 (Medium).jpg
    Headquarters 2006 089 (Medium).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 22
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 19
  • T&Trapper.jpg
    T&Trapper.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 24

frank s

You want REAL LIFE?

What happens when you go way too fast in Brewster County, Texas (last Saturday):

Attachments

• A3999314285_4ef7142b27.jpg
    A3999314285_4ef7142b27.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 74

frank s

Oohhh Frank..... How fast?
I'd really better not say; it was right at 4500 rpm in top (Auto O/D) on a 3.31 axle and 27-inch tires. Still accelerating a bit, looking forward to 47-4800, I think. Steady as a rock, but the guy in front of me slowed down and I didn't want to pass on a road like that. And then it was over, too soon.

To make it clear, the officer was just pretending. He didn't witness anything. People were standing in line to have their pictures taken in a faux arrest scene.

There was a Ford GT X-1 in the group, and a 2010 GT500 with 1000 HP. They went fast!

Midnight Special

...Understood. I suppose I was looking to revise a long-held belief that "life is best when you get caught in the act of doing what you love". Not always the case I see, but still admirable :)

As one who also likes to play on occasion (tho not equipped to compare), I'm glad you "sacrificed" to play it safe.

Wow! Best of luck Frank.

PFSlim

I was at Fleet Week (working) at the San Francisco airport on Sunday, October 11th and I didn't know there was going to be a car show there. Guess who was there! I looked across the ramp and there among some 200 or so cars, I could see a CS! I literally ran across the ramp to the owner...it was Steve, AKA 1968 CAL on this website. I met him in Grass Valley at Mike and Robinette's.
At the end of the day I asked if Steve would come park his car next to my big rig for a photo and he did. My digital camera was not working right so all I had was my old film type camera. Steve took some digital pictures so I am hoping he will post them here. It was such a thrill to see a CS there, made my day!
Tim you should have been there....the Blue Angels were!

~~~~Donna

Donna

I was in SF last week and left to come back on Thurs afternoon. This week in Montreal. Saw the Blue Angels flying while I was there. Seems like I am out there this same time each year as I remember the Blue Angels being there before.

Paul

hookedtrout

Ok, finally took a minute and uploaded a couple of pictures. My favorite, Jace (Squeak) driving the Super Duty while we are out hunting, you think most kids at 10 and 11 would die to drive, I have to talk him into it and then he keeps hounding me to drive, I keep telling him it's a good experience so he will be prepared when he takes drivers-ed. I just like to be able to see better without having to watch the road. He does awesome.

Cory

Attachments

• IMG_0289.jpg
    IMG_0289.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 25
  • Henry's Fork 05_1158.jpg
    Henry's Fork 05_1158.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

My son, who is 20, is not very interested in our Mustangs. Kinda why I dropped out of the show and shine circuit for almost the last 20 years. Had he been more interested, I might have been to more events. I made him start early and he is a great driver and very cautious.

Likes the cars but not interested in driving them...

Rob

joedls

I'll have to try to find some of me, but here are a couple of my youngest helping me get the racing wheels/tires on the car.

P1020092.jpg

P1020093.jpg

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Joe,
What a beautiful daughter! Starting her young!! Do I see a torque wrench? I thought I was the only one so anal as to torque their lug nuts!!!

Wife looks a bit pissed at something.... Did you red light at the last race? Miss a birthday? Anniversary?

Rob

joedls

Joe,
What a beautiful daughter! Starting her young!! Do I see a torque wrench? I thought I was the only one so anal as to torque their lug nuts!!!

Wife looks a bit pissed at something.... Did you red light at the last race? Miss a birthday? Anniversary?

Rob

Nah, she just like to punch and kick things. This was in her Tae Kwan Do class. She's a Jr. Black Belt. Then she started training with a pro MMA fighter to learn Muy Thai. Last year she had to have knee surgery so she decided to back off a little.

Oh, she's also into knives. Diesel Donna got a big kick out of my wife's collection.

Definitely a torque wrench. I've had problems with breaking the heads off of the shank style lug nuts required for these wheels, so I started using a torque wrench. I haven't had a problem since.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Joe,
Have to assume these are not kitchen knives? Hobby's are fun things!! Going fast or cutting up stuff...

Good to see another lug nut torquer!! Been doing it for years...

Rob

Diesel Donna

Labor Day parade last year with my company car. I've since put on a new hood ornament called the "Flying Goddess" and a rechromed front bumper and new LED marker lights.

Attachments

• Donna,TruckLaborDay2008.jpg
    Donna,TruckLaborDay2008.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 87