• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Photo Your Winter Fun

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I upgraded the GNS with some TMI Sport R500 seat covers and foam. Much more side bolstering yet a nice stock look. I love the stripes and white stitching that give a bit more color to my black interior!

They sit just a bit taller than the old seat covers and foam. but not too much.

joedls

I love those Rob! Might have to do that on my car. But I swore I would never re-cover seats again. My hands were aching when I did my last ones.

Where did you buy the padding and covers?

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Joe,
They came from Mustangs Plus. CJ Pony parts have some good photos of them and also sell them. They need to order them and are not in stock so it took 4 to 6 weeks to get them.

Yes, cutting hog rings is hard work!! I was a sheet metal mechanic in my younger years and still have a great grip from running tin snips and such. But it is quite a workout!

Rob

Ruppstang

Beautiful interior, beautiful workmanship. Rob you never cease to amaze me.
Some day if I ever do a modified car I am going to use that interior. Is it leather?
Marty

joedls

Joe,
They came from Mustangs Plus. CJ Pony parts have some good photos of them and also sell them. They need to order them and are not in stock so it took 4 to 6 weeks to get them.

Yes, cutting hog rings is hard work!! I was a sheet metal mechanic in my younger years and still have a great grip from running tin snips and such. But it is quite a workout!

Rob

Yeah. That's my problem. I haven't really worked with my hands for over 25 years.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Beautiful interior, beautiful workmanship. Rob you never cease to amaze me.
Some day if I ever do a modified car I am going to use that interior. Is it leather?
Marty

Marty,
Camera's can be very flattering. But they turned out very nice. The material is a very luxurious textured vinyl. Very thick and soft almost like a leather. They have the "faux suede" inserts in the side bolstering that are nice and soft.

I love them! As I said in a prior post they doo sit just a bit higher. My brother has some after market seats in his Mustang and they are a pain without a tilt wheel to get in and under the steering wheel. These are just fine. I would say that if you are 6 foot 2 or taller they may be a bit high. But I suppose that is the price you pay to be such a tall guy!!! At 5 foot 10 I fit in anything!!

Rob

Midnight Special

...Another nice day with TJ with a rare photo op and drive in the new 435HP 2015 GT! Uncorked and sounding like the old Boss 302, she's nothing short of awesome to drive on the winding highways around here :) Needing glasses to read speedometers these days, what I thought was 60 became 90 which quickly blurred into three digits by the time the logic entered my "registry"... Fun afternoon indeed! :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 23
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 25
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 28

Ruppstang

It looks like another fun father son day with two black beauty's. But if I got to pick one it would be the 68. That nose to nose shot shows how big the newer cars have become. Thanks for sharing.
Marty

rvrtrash

The 2015 does make the '68 look tiny. Great visual to point out the 1000 lbs weight difference.

Steve

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

I like the last shot as a comparison. I was surprised by the overall height of the 2015. Wow they are a lot bigger.

Rob

Midnight Special

It looks like another fun father son day with two black beauty's. But if I got to pick one it would be the 68. That nose to nose shot shows how big the newer cars have become.
Marty

...Indeed, Marty. Other than the Mustang name and some badging, they are completely different cars. Your "choice" may as well be between any new car and a '68 as there is really no comparison at all.

We took it up & down two curvy highways and a one-laner river canyon road, braking hard and powering out of turns in ways that would be downright scary in the elder. Bigger? Yes, but in my book a well-engineered serious handler and powerhouse with excellent visibility compared to most other supercars TJ's had me drive. The only thing for me to get a handle on was shifting.... 'Kept going from 2nd to 5th with that close-knit six-speed opposed to our long-toss units...

All in all, it felt very predictable, powerful and comfortable while doing everything I wanted it to do (speaking practically) ....and getting as many good stares doing it :)

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 21

Ruppstang

I have to say you look pretty good sitting in it.
We brought home a 2013 MCA special edition with 7K on it last month to be Tari's daily driver. I can agree with your assessment of the newer models. They just do not make me feel 16 like the older ones do. Some times it is exciting to feel a little danger when driving my old friend.

Attachments

• IMG_0308_crop.jpg
    IMG_0308_crop.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

WOW!!! I will not let Val know this!!! Our daily driver is a 1996 Ford Ranger 4X4. With 232k on the odometer!

But she really likes her little truck and it is so handy for our Lake Cabin stuff.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Not car related but speaking of winter /spring fun. I have put up nearly 3,000 feet of 1 by 8 inch Doug Fir Shiplap inside our lake cabin. Each 12 foot piece hand painted in my shop either in whitewash or clear one at a time. Rob has a few hours in this job!! Between it and customer cars, our cars have had little upgrades this year.

But after 55 years we have a finished, rewired, insulated, re-supported all around, and heated cabin for our get away's. Some interior walls and trim to do and then Val gets to decorate it in "shabby chic" lake style!!

joedls

I can agree with your assessment of the newer models. They just do not make me feel 16 like the older ones do. Some times it is exciting to feel a little danger when driving my old friend.

See, I feel differently. Strap into this baby, let the clutch out, stomp on the "go" pedal, and I guarantee you a feeling of danger! Makes me feel 16 every time I drive it. I guess it's not really a new model though. It actually was originally purchased by the original owner almost 9 years ago. And I guess it's not exactly stock either.

Last edited:

Ruppstang

See, I feel differently. Strap into this baby, let the clutch out, stomp on the "go" pedal, and I guarantee you a feeling of danger! Makes me feel 16 every time I drive it. I guess it's not really a new model though. It actually was originally purchased by the original owner almost 9 years ago. And I guess it's not exactly stock either.

Joe it looks fast just sitting there and I know if it is yours it is bad!
Yes I believe that you can feel danger in your car too but the big difference is I feel it in my 68 at 90 and you feel it at 130 or more in your car.
Keep up the good work of eating those Chevys.
Marty

joedls

Joe it looks fast just sitting there and I know if it is yours it is bad!
Yes I believe that you can feel danger in your car too but the big difference is I feel it in my 68 at 90 and you feel it at 130 or more in your car.
Keep up the good work of eating those Chevys.
Marty

LOL. I guarantee you, if I give you a ride in my car, you'd feel danger way before I ever hit 90. It scared me the first time I launched it after installing the Whipple blower, hit the rev limiter before I could shift into 2nd, then the tires broke loose and the rearend wanted to come around when I shifted into 2nd. I haven't even tried the race tune yet (723 RWHP). This was on the street tune (~525 RWHP).

rvrtrash

Brother Rob, I know where I'm staying next time I need a little "getaway". Nicely done!

Son Joe, I too feel a thrill whenever I drive my 07 Shelby GT, but not as much HP as yours. I wish mine didn't have an automatic so I wouldn't be limited in horsepower. I've been contemplating stepping up to something with better thrill lately.

Steve