• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ontario GT/CS on eBay

CS68

it seem to be that the buyer wants to make some extra money I check and it is the buyer that paid 30,000

Trap68

Same guy has a 68 shelby hertz for sale that he picked up a few weeks ago...seems that he's flipping cars

natasha

Hi Guys I am looking to buy this car and wonder if you could give me your opinion on it.I really like the way it looks and I live very close to it.My Husband does not have any clue on these cars so any help would be great.

Thanks

Tasha

hookedtrout

Tasha, the car looks to be in show room condition from the pictures, it is well documented and has a Marti report for authenticity. From the other end of this computer cable I'd say it looks like a really nice car. I would however suggest that if you have not been over and physically looked it over and took it for a drive...if they will let you, I would definitely do that.

Cory

Mustanglvr

I don`t know. It is a nice looking car but he really never mentions if it runs well. He only says it drives like new. He does`nt say if the air conditioning works. The dash is a little rough for a $32,000.00 car. The bezels around the gauges need to be rechromed and there is paint flaked off above the glove box. Thats an easy fix though. What does everybody else think?

390cs68rcode

I think you could get a car just like this for 10k less. I would love to say it is worth the asking price for the overall values of our cars but I think the asking price is strong.

twoclassics

I would love to see the prices go this high on a consistant basis, but do not think they will this fast. The last 6 months has been very interesting for the GT/CS. I think if you are patient you will find one for less money and just as nice. Heck if it is true that the guy is flipping these cars he has not had it long enough to tell you what is wrong with it,, Good Luck Chuck

natasha

I spoke with the guy and he said it runs perfect to come and see it.I have been looking for 6 months and never seen one with the engine so clean and detailed or the interior for 10,000 less.If there is one in this for 10,000 less please let me know.10,000 is alot for me.I seen the car that sold for 28500.00 and it doesnt look this clean and the one for 23,000 doesnt either.Most have the interior or engine bay modified and dont have a history or paper work of the car.
This has all numbers matching even has the tag on the engine.I would love to find one like this for 20,000 is there any that sold recently that you could show me?

thanks for your help

Tasha

390cs68rcode

natasha said:
I spoke with the guy and he said it runs perfect to come and see it.I have been looking for 6 months and never seen one with the engine so clean and detailed or the interior for 10,000 less.If there is one in this for 10,000 less please let me know.10,000 is alot for me.I seen the car that sold for 28500.00 and it doesnt look this clean and the one for 23,000 doesnt either.Most have the interior or engine bay modified and dont have a history or paper work of the car.
This has all numbers matching even has the tag on the engine.I would love to find one like this for 20,000 is there any that sold recently that you could show me?

thanks for your help

Tasha

3 months ago I sold my 289 CS for $23k. It is as nice as that one (probably nicer). They are out there, trust me. But if you have to have one soon, go for it.

natasha

I am not in a hurry but I have been looking since august for one.There is one on ebay that is at 16800 and doesnt look good and has not met reserve.One on ebay has a/c but has the smaller rad which I think is wrong for the car.All these extra things to fix could add up to thousands in a hurry.To do an engine bay A friend of mine said they paid 5000 plus with everything.I dont want to fix anything it cost to much so I would like something that is done.do you have pics of yours that sold so I could see what to expect?Is it possible that you sold yours too cheap and now the prices went higher? As I find them for sale I see an increase in price so If I wait 3 months maybe I will need 40,000

Tasha

case12

This is only my opinion - The $32k asking price is probably $5k above going rate. I don't think you could find this car, in this shape for $10k, and likely not $20k. This car appears to have original paperwork (including the window sticker). This looks like a $25k-$28k car at the latest going prices.

If you like the car, and you look at it and are satisfied, then $30k would get you a nice car - if you are not looking to flip it in the near future. Some on this site will tell you they spent this much or more to get their cars in this shape.

You could wait, and prices may come down - or, they may go up.

It appears to be a really nice car. Again, this is my opinion. Casey

nfrntau

I would say given the current rising costs of the GT/CS ($49,000) being the exception) that $32,000 is still at the very high end of the spectrum. TODAY. By this time next year, maybe not. These cars will continue to rise in value because even the younger generation likes them. If you plan on buying a keeper, this may be the car for you. Only you can make that call based on your needs and your budget. I think all GT/CS's are very cool and I am happy I have one. This one appears to be a nice one. Yes, some are better but I think almost everyone on this site will agree that they have added something to thier car after they purchased it to make it more original or to make it more enjoyable to them.

I recommend you put your butt in the seat and see how it feels. Look at it, in it and around every little portion, nook and cranny you can, touch it how does the paint feel, drive it if you can, listen to it run. Find out what items you would not be happy with. The items I see are not major things to deal with. Look for leaks, scratches, alignment of panels, rusted bolts, panels, etc. Look in the areas in the trunk on either side of the fuel tank for rust. Note that on most original GT/CS the rear deck alignment is not perfect.

I know there are members on this site that paid a high price at time of purchase or paid a low price and ended up with a high price by the end of the restoration. Every one of these members are glad they did it (you know you are). If you like it, if you love it and your husband and budget say yes. Well, you make the call, which ever way you go will be the right choice for you.

If you do buy it don't forget to give your information to Paul for the GT/CS registry.

Good luck in your decision
Bill

Mustanglvr

From the sellers description I feel he is hiding something. I think you should have your own mechanic check it over before you buy it. Just my two cents worth.

natasha

I went and looked at it today with a mustang person,The car is better in person than in the pics.It drives Fantastic,The undercarriage looks like new no rust at all.I took it on the highway at 70mph and it goes straight and rides so smooth and brakes are excellent.

The engine bay looks amazing and it idles so smooth better than my daily driver.

Everything looks better than I expected.

Now I am confused, what is he hiding?why would you say that?
I even contacted the old owner and he told me everything about the car and said there was no issues.

Natasha

hookedtrout

Sounds like you are doing your home work very well to me. I'd trust what you saw, what you felt and who you have talked to outside the current owner that actually know the car much more than someone that has never seen the car or been involved with it. That's not to say the current owner won't be honest but they do have an agenda...to sell the car and you know what they say about used car salesmen. Just my 2 cents.

Cory

Gatorbait

As someone noted earlier, it is the February calendar car. Why don't you get in touch with Zack Blazys in Lakefront Promenade Ontario and ask him about the car. He appears to be the former owner, at least according to the calendar.

Perkchiro

"Some on this site will tell you they spent this much or more to get their cars in this shape."

I guess I would be one of those. 37K in recorded expenses to date and probably will be closer to 40K when finished. If you can find a well restored car for under 30K, BUY IT! It would be a great investment.
Steve