• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Oct 2009 Texas Mile results for my Ford GT

390cs68rcode

Last weekend I attended the Texas Mile and ran my 994rwhp Ford GT. I did this event in March of 2009 when the car had 609rwhp. It ran 195.5 that time with a strong tail wind.

This year my best speed was 226.200 mph with a mild crosswind. This is the standing mile world record for a Ford GT.

:grin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 226.200 speed cert.jpg
    226.200 speed cert.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 98

Ruppstang

Wow I am impressed thats a fast speed in the air. I would think on the ground the telephone poles would be a blur. Congrats Marty

CougarCJ

Who needs a Veyron?

That's showing those Chevy boys a thing or two.

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

gofastguy

So, what does 226 feel like in a Ford GT??? Is it scary, or is the car so awesome that it feels firmly planted? Just wondering...

sam

wow...............that's one fast set of wheels you've got ! Did you have a parachute release to slow you down?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

So, what does 226 feel like in a Ford GT??? Is it scary, or is the car so awesome that it feels firmly planted? Just wondering...

the car is rock solid. On one of my 221 mph runs I noticed the drivers window was down so once it was in 4th I rolled it up before having to shift into 5th.

Some guys that were running the speeds I did were using chutes. I could use one but it is not needed with my car.

Mustanger

Wow :icon_ecst !!!! ... that's gotta be a blast rocketing down the road that fast :thumb: ...