• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Newspaper Research

6t8-390gt

I recently subscribed to a newspaper archieve website and was messing around tonight. I found a April 10, 1968 ad in the Monclair Tribune that listed two GT/CS Mustangs at Skycrest Ford. One was Candyapple Red which retailed for $3462.70 sale price $2959. The other was Lime Gold which retailed for 3541.58 sale price $3020. They also advertised two "special paint" Mustangs for sale. Now I need to figure out how to save or copy the files.

Do you own one of these two cars?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
You should be able to upload PDF's to the forums. If you want to email them to me I can give it a shot.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Here they are:

Thanks Randy.

Attachments

• califspecialadv.pdf
    136.7 KB · Views: 84
  • califspecial2.pdf
    318.6 KB · Views: 85
  • califspecial.pdf
    219 KB · Views: 80
P

PNewitt

These are very cool.

You found these on the net?

Notice the other cars, like the Dodge Western Special.

And a 1960 VW for $699.

I think they discounted the CS, after one month, because these cars didn't sell all that quickly. I have most Marti reports with the sale of CSs about 6 months after the dealer got them.

Thanks for finding these..I might use one or more in the book. Cool!

Paul.

OP
OP
6t8-390gt

6t8-390gt

Actually, I found a different add, I'll try to save it and either post it or forward it to Jon.

Paul, yes these were found on the net. I subscribed to a newspaper archieve website and found some ads. Alot of people who are researching their family history use old newspapers. A friend of mine used it to research some history on the MD State Police.

BroadwayBlue

We had a thread going on these awhile back

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4933

Note: The Google search looks like it's changed since the links in the old thread.

I use these in a book I keep out at car shows with info on the GT/CS for people to see/learn some history on these cars.

Good stuff!

Paul, I think I sent copies of these to you with all my information so you may already have them. They would have been on one of the CDs.

P

PNewitt

Thanks, Rich,

I'm not quite there yet to look at all the CDs I have from owners, etc.

As soon as I get done with the 2007-09 section and the Green Hornet story, I'll get to the main section and open everything up.

Very cool stuff, because it puts things into context.

I hope that it's not too cold up there in NY for you...

Paul.

BroadwayBlue

I hope that it's not too cold up there in NY for you...

Paul.

We're going through a cold spell now.

Was 0 (zero) last night.
It's 6 right now but feel like -8.

Brrrr .... Family asked if we could light a fire in the fireplace and play Wii all night. :torch:

2+ months before the Mustangs are out of winter storage ... for now watching Barrett Jackson to pass the time ...:cool:

QuarterHorse

We're going through a cold spell now.

Was 0 (zero) last night.
It's 6 right now but feel like -8.

Brrrr .... Family asked if we could light a fire in the fireplace and play Wii all night. :torch:

2+ months before the Mustangs are out of winter storage ... for now watching Barrett Jackson to pass the time ...:cool:

I feel your pain bro...

Its freezing here in PA as well. Last night I was enjoying Barrett Jackson and a nice warming Belgian Ale. I'm counting the days until spring and I can take the stang out of winter storage. Until then.... Go EAGLES!

case12

I stumbled across the same newspaper archive site about 6 months ago. I was able to search and save about 40 newspaper ads for the GT/CS from all over California. Its a neat site for seeing the past archived.

Casey

BroadwayBlue

I feel your pain bro...

Its freezing here in PA as well. Last night I was enjoying Barrett Jackson and a nice warming Belgian Ale. I'm counting the days until spring and I can take the stang out of winter storage. Until then.... Go EAGLES!

GO EAGLES! <== No comment! :mad::nonono2:
BroadwayBlue = GIANTS Fan!

It got to 2 degrees at about 4:45 this morning. It's a balmy 13 now.
I hear almost 40 by the end of next week!

Back to the topic - Loved looking at the old ads and info. Great stuff!

mmarsalone

These are very cool.

I think they discounted the CS, after one month, because these cars didn't sell all that quickly. I have most Marti reports with the sale of CSs about 6 months after the dealer got them.

Paul.

I don't read the ad as the CS is discounted to $2395. I think it's two parts to the ad. It just says Mustang, stock #209. Am I the only one reading it that way?

HappyHour

That Skycrest Ford dealer address is about 2 miles from my home.

Donna if I PayPal you $79 can you put a down payment on one of em for me?? :wink:
They were all "289". BTW pretty nice weather in the Inland Empire (SoCal)...like upper 70s and rocking flipflops!!

Thanks for sharing!!