• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ Research Questions for '07-'09 Owners

hotrodgrany

Hey thanks, GT/HRG!!!!

What I still need to see is just how fewer 2009 GT/CSs were made, since they've stopped production now for the 2010's out in the spring.

Owning a 2009 GT/CS might be a real rarity--especially with white stripes!

thanks again!

Paul.
are you referring to something like this? this was offered for 09.

Attachments

• 09 GT-CS.jpg
    09 GT-CS.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 26

QuarterHorse

Because they are not Shelby parts (per se), but Ford parts, namely the the Performance Packs.

No Shelby nameplates or anything would be added. Still 100% GT/CS, just with the same setup AS a Shelby GT-H / GT.

If folks wanted to add the hood pins, Shelby makes them blank, without the Shelby name, which I would suggest.

Paul.

I would find this information interesting. Not so much to turn my CS into a Shelby, but to see just how closely related they are. Most of the body parts are already there!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

For a while, the Shelby GTs were on the same assembly line as the GT/CS at the AAI Plant.

Definately a reversal of GT/CS History!

Paul.

J.Bart

the shelby gt's have installed from the ford racing catalog: handling pack, power upgrade pack, x-pipe, and hurst shifter.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

the shelby gt's have installed from the ford racing catalog: handling pack, power upgrade pack, x-pipe, and hurst shifter.

I think that if owners added those items, that a "GT/CX" window decal would be provided to acknowledge those mods. Kinda like a Hurst /Olds, etc...

Maybe I could get SVT in on that idea.

I'm dedicated to really raising the bar with the late model GT/CS!

Thanks, Paul.

Mustanger

I think that if owners added those items, that a "GT/CX" window decal would be provided to acknowledge those mods. Kinda like a Hurst /Olds, etc...

Maybe I could get SVT in on that idea.

I'm dedicated to really raising the bar with the late model GT/CS!

Thanks, Paul.

And if SVT is not willing to do it, how about Galpin? ... Where the GT/CX designation was started? :wink: ...

GTCS07

Too late for me, mine is modded way past that level, maybe it's a CX-3? I would recommend Cervani's for the hood pins. They just came out with a '68 style twist pin set-up that works with the stock hood.

Ladystang

Hey thanks, GT/HRG!!!!

What I still need to see is just how fewer 2009 GT/CSs were made, since they've stopped production now for the 2010's out in the spring.

Owning a 2009 GT/CS might be a real rarity--especially with white stripes!

thanks again!

Paul.

I'd like to know how many 09's were made too. We just got a black 09 CS coupe yesterday. With the white stripe. In addition to our 07 CS convertible. A two CS family now. lol