• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

New Guy

shelbygt350s

Hi I Am The New Guy On The Block I Picked Up A CS Last Nite ,i Used To Own One In The Late 80's Restored It And Sold It In 93 To Chad Smith The Drummer Of Red Hot Chilie Peper's Band, Iam Also A Friend Of Robert Campbell The Guy With The Rare Cs ,anyone Looking For Project I Am Willing To Sell This I Only Have Room For One Car And Have A New Shelbygt . I Am Retired And Restore /work On Mustang's And Shelby's I Got The Best Job Around ...if Anyone Wants More Info On My Cs Email Me

Last edited:

CALIF GIRL

How about a little more info on the CS you want to sell. Perhaps even photos?

Mustanglvr

Welcome to the site Shelbygt350s! Please post pictires and Marti report here on the site. We would love to see the car!

robert campbell

Bob is a great guy. He is well respected in the Mustang hobby and is sought after to find and restore rare Mustang's and Shelby's. He works with some of the best area sources to restore Mustangs to number one (better than show room) if desired. He is almost anal in his attention to detail. I have seen cars that were more than acceptable to me that he sent back to the painter for attention in many areas.

He had one beautiful red CTCS!! Sold for twice the dollars of a normal GT/CS at the time he let it go.

I have looked over the GT/CS he currrently has. J code auto, PS, PB, air cond, standard black interior, lower console, chrome style steels, blinker hood. Lime gold, no vinyl top. Car is still in orginal paint. Not good, lots of minor surface rust on the "edges". But only one coat of orginal Ford lime green. Car is definitely a GT/CS. All orginal fiberglass. Proper rear wire harness. Heavy duty flasher bracket, proper fog light breaker on the fuse panel and forward harness. Car is definitely a project but very loaded. Body is solid, with a little rust in the rear quarters. Both end caps need some repair, and so does the right side scoop.

A great start for someone and without a doubt the real deal. Loaded but in need of body work and paint. Fresh rebuild on the J code 302 by a respected local builder. A great find for someone! Cars VIN is not in any of Paul's records, but I am 100% sure that the Marti report will authenticate it. I am sure Bob will provide it if you want to run a basic report before purchase. He is honest, but he knows what cars are worth. Ask him anything, he will not mis-represent this car in any way.

Rob

OP
OP
S

shelbygt350s

thanks ROb you guys should see Robs rides he does a great job on his cars very sweet rides i posted some pictures in the gallery i have it on craigslist

rvrtrash

Not to be to blunt, but could you give us some basic info, like how much you're asking, where you are, what engine and tranny, maybe a link to your craigslist ad? Don't make it such a secret.

Steve

OP
OP
S

shelbygt350s

1968 cal special

hi i want at this time 8500.00 once i put the engine and tran in and get it running the price changes i have replaced the battery tray panel and fixed a couple rust spots under the fenders where the panels over lap this car is a j code 302 # matching engineand tran it has pdb .p/s ac lower console deluxe hood ,standard int black i have to stop working on it for a couple weeks have 1968 GT500 coming to be restored .if anyone wants any more info email me and for those guys are wondering if its a real cs i have sent for a martie report last mon to prove that ROB and Myself know that it is a cs the price is firm i don't need to sell it its missing the fog lights wiring is there and switch also .it did have single exhaust .iam in washington state

Mosesatm

I may be in Washington in a few weeks. In which city are you located?

OP
OP
S

shelbygt350s

1968 cal special

hi i got my martie report and thought i would let the calif special police check it out calif special C4 TRAN ,F70XWIDE OVAL TIRES ,CONSOLE ,POWER DISC BRAKES,POWER STEERING ,AIR COND,TINTED WINDOWS ,DELUXE BELTS,REMOTE CONTROL LEFT HAND MIRROR,ARGENTSTYLED STEEL WINDOWS, HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION THATS THE OPTIONS .
8 1968
R BUILT AT SAN JOSE
01 MUSTANG HARD TOP
J 302 4V
52,271 ST FORD VEHICLE SCHEDULED FOR PROD
65A MUSTANG HARD TOP
I LIME GOLD PAINT FORD#2041-A
2A BLACK STANDARD BUCKET SEATS
21 C SCHEDULED FOR BUILD 3-21-19968
71 LA ORDERING DISTRICT
5 3.00 STANDARD AXLE RATIO - TAG STILL ON REAR AXLE
W C4 TRAN
DEALER # 71B018

Mustanglvr

You have a well optioned car. The heavy duty suspension option is a plus!

OP
OP
S

shelbygt350s

thanks i have it running now just redoing the brakes and put hood on than it well go on ebay .