• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 hello from the new guy

lizardking

I just wanted to say hello to the forum users.
I just bought a cali special the other week from a forum user. Its a project car and i cant wait to get started on it.
Raffi

OP
OP
lizardking

lizardking

I pretty much only have the pic that is shown in my garage on here.
It is a project car. I bought it from a forum member on here. i am almost done with my 65
fastback and then its on to the cali special. I plan to retsore it back to original.

Mustanglvr

Welcome to the site LizardKing! Your car looks great so far. Cute dog!

somethingspecial

Welcome

This is definately the place to get help on your CS project. We are definately a family here.

OP
OP
lizardking

lizardking

Thanks guys. I cant wait to get the car on the road. I will try to take some pics soon and post them up on here. My dog pretty much is my helper so he will be in most my pics.lol

OP
OP
lizardking

lizardking

How do i find out what color carpet and dash pad to get? Is it in the marti report?
thanks

somethingspecial

With a trim of 2B, Light and Dark Blue interior, My 68' J code coupe, Diamond Blue with the same 2B trim code has a dark blue dash pad and medium blue carpet. Might be considered dark blue carpet, but it is sun faded and even under the seats, it is lighter than the dash pad. Hope this doesn't confuse you. LOL Marty Rupp may be able to chime in since he has seen a heck of a lot more blue interiors than I have.

Ruppstang

Here is a 68 standard blue interior. My dad is doing a Calspecial that is Presidental Blue with a 2B interior. He is have trouble finding a blue steering wheel. They do not reproduce any more.
Let me know if you have any questions. Marty

Attachments

• 1968 original standard  blue interior.jpg
    1968 original standard blue interior.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
lizardking

lizardking

Awesome. Thanks for the pic. I am going to take some interior pics today after work. And will post them up here. I have the steering wheel but its kinda shot from what i remember.