• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. My Fault and Time to Move On

robert campbell

All,
I was the main person recently that caused Paul to blow up at the SAAC site. Many of you may not have seen the thread before it was locked. JBart, I am not sure that you got to see it and what David (di81977) posted. He was spot on and if you have not seen it, I can send it to you in a PM. But Jbart, you are correct in that we MUST END THIS. I posted a link to our book signing and Paul went off. Did I do this totally to poke at Paul? Yes and no. But he exploded in a pattern that is so normal to him. I can PM that to anyone who would like to see it. I am the person who needs to stop.

At the same time I got an e-mail from the SAAC moderator. He was a bit harsh at first, but with the information in his hand, he wanted to stop the thread. I do not blame him for that. I sent him a clarifying e-mail and he is a reasonable guy like the rest of us. We have a great family and as Tim said on the “disappointment” thread, could you imagine the books and accolades Paul could have achieved if he could just embrace us as an equal! We are his main customers and he shoots all his toes off.

All and all he has hurt us more than helped us. He is not the correct person to represent this fine family of people.

I am not sorry for prompting Paul to show his real side in that post. He went so far over the edge it was comical. Did I want SAAC to see the real Paul that has treated us so evilly? Yes. There are numerous people on this post whose cars will be removed from his new book. Mine for sure.

Is this the person you want to manage our registry and represent us?

Here is an e-mail I sent to the SAAC Moderator this morning. I have removed his name. He is a good guy working from the information he had at hand.

Respectfully request you read this e-mail in full. I did yours.

First and foremost thanks for at least a chance to explain, and do not think for a minute that I do not know that you see the whole picture. Did I post the post a bit to poke at Paul? You already know that answer. But at the same time there was a genuine thought to let your site know they could do something similar, and to show any GT/CS members that have visited your site, that they can visit ours too. But with your annual gathering, you have a venue for your members to meet. Your site doesn’t need a book. I would love to mail you a copy so you can see truly what the book is.

Let me go on record that we are not a dysfunctional site. We are a very close knit community as evidenced in the picture. I spent 3 days adjusting carbs; taking slack out of steering boxes, and helping people understand their cars mechanically. The BEST car weekend I ever spent. I do all of this for free with no hidden agenda. A member is mailing me a 4-barrel to refurbish, which I do for parts only. I have lots of period correct carb pieces for 390 and 428 engines to include the 67 through 70 series Shelbys. I help a local Shelby restorer in my (Seattle) area. I also owned a GT-500 KR in 1975 to 1976. Very nice car and I sold it for $4k to buy my first house. Big mistake. But I bleed Ford light and dark blue. Our GT/CS family bleeds Ford too! We have a couple experts in electrical stuff, and they are the guys Paul takes the credit for in turn signal switches and rear wiring harnesses. A plague to our cars, and I bet they could work with your guys. One is all over the T-bird turn signal switches to se if they were more heavy duty.

Our site is actually the friendliest site you will visit. There is only ONE dysfunctional person and you have him thank God. I would like to build an analogy for you. Recently SAAC went through a huge rift with someone named Carroll Shelby. We watched with interest on our site. Not to mention the attacks by Ford themselves. But all of a sudden the SAAC site, the reason that Shelby cars are what they are today was viciously attacked and told they, so to speak, owned none of the cars history. The combined owners of these cars and the walking history of them were somehow not allowed to own a piece of their history! Let me post one of the greatest monikers I have seen! “Recognized since 1975 as the undisputed authority on the history and legacy of all Shelby automobiles” Says it all! The owners of these cars paid for them and own their history. They are the Shelby! Certainly SAAC has some stuff that Carroll wanted back, but you guys have totally withstood his assault. And I applaud SAAC for that. When corporate greed is the only motive, it makes the little guys mad.

Enter Paul Newitt. I know that you have seen on his SAAC forum that anytime he prints a picture or a piece of history he claims it is copyrighted and his. For God’s sake a huge portion of this history came from us the owners. We freely gave him information. Many of us have prepaid for his book. We have one member with very deep pockets that called his bluff the last time he threatened to sell his precious car to fund the book. Offered him a loan with no interest, just to get the book done. He turned him down, as you would guess. He truly believes that every piece of information on these cars is his somehow. For God sakes 3 years ago he showed up in a similar part of the Sacramento area at a party put on by Mike Jewell, the guy Bigfoot knows! It was a simple barbecue and one guy printed some t-shirts and was literally giving them away. There was a picture of a GT/CS car silk-screened on the t-shirts. He promptly and acidly told the T-shirt maker that he could not do this in front of a bunch of us. He owned all rights to the GT/CS name blah blah blah blah.

Paul is our Carroll Shelby in the GT/CS world. A person, who purports his love of the car and the people, but is only out for adulation and financial gain. He is so unbalanced on so many levels, that I know you can see it.

My post was two part. To actually show that we are not dysfunctional. Only one person is. Paul is so predictable and so easy to read. I could have written his response. As soon as Paul got to your site, he could not wait to tell you how bad a bunch of people we were. It hurt to see us dragged in the mud on your site when we have many people who have some of the most evil private messages from him that show his true motives and character. Paul told Mike Jewell (big Sheriff in one pic I posted) that he either separates from us or he will pull pictures out of his book. My car was in his first two books, but trust me it will be gone if he ever gets the last book to print. There are a few more that have been removed. You must have seen the one guy with the new GT/CS that will never have his car in Paul’s book earlier in Paul’s attack on your site. But, guess what, none of us care! But is that the kind of guy you want running a registry of your cars?

In closing, I will be sweet as pie from now on and have already visited other areas of your forum. I hope to help some other members of your site. Don’t think that we do not realize we are a big notch below Shelby owners. Some of your members have made that plain in snide ways. That happened in this latest post. Thanks to Deborah for saying something nice. I think she got it in spades! Both us, and who Paul is! But the real part I wanted to get across to any person that deals with Paul, was graphically and perfectly displayed in his response to our innocuous little family book about Mustang owners and their love of their cars.

At least you got to see it! But new visitors to the GT/CS forum on your site will not see it. Trust me, if he stays around, he will embarrass you and embarrass SAAC. Glad he is all yours. By the way, he is not done throwing crap on us yet! Watch and see. Have you told him to play nice? If he did, we would be ecstatic to leave him alone.

Rob

Mosesatm

Even though the thread is locked it can still be viewed.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Arlie,
Thanks, I did not know that. I would invite any member of our fine, family site to view it.

Rob

frank s

SAAC has at least one Prima Donna, too ...

Well, Robert, you must have corresponded with a different SAAC moderator*; the smart aleck who shut down the thread I was posting in was deprecatory to GT/CS members to begin with and eventually banned me from the SAAC forums after a PM exchange that wasn't available to members or remotely related to Public Forum Decorum. You figure if a moderator represents correct forum behavior, then SAAC has one set of standards for favored members and another for everyone else.

I may be wrong, but it seems to me unless that moderator got moderated out of a job, SAAC and Mr Newitt deserve each other.

* Nope; same ill-advised snide remarks to open a post and offend the other parties. Mr. Forum Guide has demonstrated what we in my previous profession called "Inadequate personal relations skills". Maybe he's in a position to get away with such pretentious smugness in his real life; it's too easy to avoid him in forums. Come to think of it, same as in my former clients, he may do it on purpose, just to drive the potential for threatening realizations away.

In any case, neither of them is worth a backhand wave of dismissal.

Cheers!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Frank,
You are the man. You took the brunt of alot of crap you should not have. A simple question you asked and wow were you slapped down!

My car is not in the registry anymore either! Who gives a shit as you so perfectly said!

Time for us little people to move on.

Rob

somethingspecial

To set the record straight!

All,
Paul told Mike Jewell (big Sheriff in one pic I posted) that he either separates from us or he will pull pictures out of his book.

Rob

It is true and no secret Paul and Tim don't like each other, and because I was friends with both parties, I was the man in the middle who got the stinky end of the stick. Any dealings I have with either party, Good, Bad or Ugly is between them and I and no one elses business. Paul never threatened to take me out of the book if I didn't separate with you folks. I don't know where you heard that, but it is not true.
In the future I would respectfully ask my name not be used in any post about Paul or Tim. I was caught in the middle before and lost two friends because if it. Therefore, My relationship with each one of them is a private matter and not for discussion here or anywhere else. Thank you for your understanding and respect in this matter. Mike Jewell

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Mike,
For that I am truly sorry! I stepped over the line. I will never use your name in public again. Still want to help you with your carb!! Send her up!!

Rob