• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

On the move again

68sunlitgold

Well eveyone, it has been a while since I last posted something, work has been keeping me very busy. I have just completed another move (4th move in 5 years) this time to Pensacola, FL. I have been selected to be the commander of the 728 Air Control Squadron on Eglin AFB which is actually 40 miles to the east but I settled here for family reasons. The squadron is the very first squadron I was ever in 19 years ago so it is like going home. I will be having my change of command on 22 June and then take the squadron to Iraq in '08 for 5 months so I will have my work cut out for me to get back into the "ground tactical" environment. Don't know how much time I will have to do any post but remember I will always be coming back to get my "fix".

I hope everyone is having a great summer!! Until the next time I get a chance to view all the post....bye from sunny Florida.

Doug

PFSlim

Doug

Good to hear from you again. I hope your Change of Command goes smoothly and look forward to hearing more about what is happening at Eglin. Do they still have the F-15E??

Best of luck.

Paul

Mustanglvr

Take care Doug, and come back to the site soon. It`s pretty boring around here with out you. ;)

68gt390

Doug;
Congrats on getting your own Squadron. That's a key career move. Best of luck to you. I'm sure we'll hear from you from time to time.

Don

dotbomb

Doug,

Congrats on the commander position! Hope the transition goes smoothly.

Could you confirm if you received the registry I sent? I really hope it didn't get lost in the mail.

You and your family take care (and take care of that car for me!)

Jeff