• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MN weather, paint colors and misc ramblings. :)

still looking for one

Shome Mistake Shurely???!!!

Diesel Donna said:
Yeah this post/thread got me all tangled up...hahaha was gonna reply to one..then another...so I'll just say that I'd rather wash a Mini-Cooper than my F350 or ambualnce any day. And oh yeah , it was 118 degress today and the electricity went out twice. So I vent and yumped in da lake! :grin:

~~~~Svenska Flicka Donna

Svenska Flicka????!!! in Lake Havasu City AZ? What next, cows in Berkeley??
Moooooooo.:cheesy:

Good heavens, a real svenska flicka is supposed to be campaigning a red Volvo station wagon with those 2 enormous fog lights on the grill and a screen behind the back seat for those two labrador retreivers in the back (not driving a California Special through the California desert. Someone made a wrong turn perhaps)

And besides, where can you get ligonberry jam and reindeer meatballs in Arizona anyway?:frust:

Oh how I miss that Swedish food. Best ice cream I ever had in my whole life was black licorice ice cream bought in old town, Stockholm, before going to Uppsala and Gothenburg.

Scandavania is a magic place. I LOVE it

Jim

still looking for one

marie68csmustangs said:
Yeah, Rhonda - I'm lucky that I am friends with Tim.. I have known Tim and His family for many years.. They treat me like I'm one of the family..

Marie

Really? Do you get to choose which of his California Specials you get to drive, as part of the family?:grin:

If yes, that makes ME an orphan too!! :icon_ecst (Kind of an old one with an old Mercedes!!)

Just teasing

Jim B

still looking for one

Mustanglvr said:
:eek: Gee Marie, thats sounds HOT! Its been in the 70`s and 80`s here for the past week. I`ll try to send some cooler weather your way!:wink:

Rhonda, send some to Grass Valley/Nevada City stat - please!!!!
It's hot here (I lived too long in San Francisco and am too used to the heavy fog this time of year!!)

International Falls and Hibbing in the winter, that's another thing though.....

````````````
"I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you" - anon.

~~~~~~~~
Jim

marie68csmustangs

still looking for one said:
Really? Do you get to choose which of his California Specials you get to drive, as part of the family?:grin:

If yes, that makes ME an orphan too!! :icon_ecst (Kind of an old one with an old Mercedes!!)

Just teasing

Jim B

Jim - I haven't driven one of Tim's specials yet.. But, he told me that He would let me drive one sometime..

Marie

Diesel Donna

And besides, where can you get ligonberry jam and reindeer meatballs in Arizona anyway?:frust:

Jim

I get my Swedish food fix when I go back to western NY...out in the west I go to IKEA!
Just say NO to lutefisk!! Uff Da!!

still looking for one

Diesel Donna said:
I get my Swedish food fix when I go back to western NY...out in the west I go to IKEA!
Just say NO to lutefisk!! Uff Da!!

I said "NO" to lutefisk, that fish is marinated in lye. Yucch. ROTEFISK is even worse, it's marinated in DIRT. That stuff is too much even for most of THEM!!!

There are Swedish stores in San Francisco (Rogeland Imports on Monterey Blvd was great) but I FORGOT about the "Food" at Ikea. Thanks for the reminder. IKEA brings back memories of driving from their big Glendale store with furniture sticking out the windows of the Mercedes back to SF and then
trying to read their "instructions" while assembling the pieces that REFUSE to go together. Better to go to Copenhagen furniture if you can afford it!!!

still looking for one

marie68csmustangs said:
Jim - I haven't driven one of Tim's specials yet.. But, he told me that He would let me drive one sometime..

Marie

He has so many of 'em he'd probably never even notice if you "borrowed" one of 'em for awhile....But don't ever say I told you that:grin: :lipsseal: :lipsseal:
j/k hehe

Can't wait to hear of the day you bought one of your very own!!!! You are worthy keeper of one!!

Jim

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Rhonda, send some to Grass Valley/Nevada City stat - please!!!!
It's hot here (I lived too long in San Francisco and am too used to the heavy fog this time of year!!)

International Falls and Hibbing in the winter, that's another thing though.....

````````````
"I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you" - anon.

~~~~~~~~
Jim

Sorry everyone, its been HOT here the last few days, pheeeww. Been in the 80`s and 90`s but with high humidity that makes it feel like 100. :icon_ecst Were waiting on a good ol` thunderstorm with lots of rain to cool it off, but nothing so far. It must be because of global warming, cuz normally we`d have had quite a few storms by this time of year. There is no other excitement around here but that. Watch, we`ll get one on the 4th of July to ruin all the fireworks.:sad:

Diesel Donna

I said "NO" to lutefisk, that fish is marinated in lye. Yucch. ROTEFISK is even worse, it's marinated in DIRT. That stuff is too much even for most of THEM!!!

There are Swedish stores in San Francisco (Rogeland Imports on Monterey Blvd was great) but I FORGOT about the "Food" at Ikea. Thanks for the reminder. IKEA brings back memories of driving from their big Glendale store with furniture sticking out the windows of the Mercedes back to SF and then
trying to read their "instructions" while assembling the pieces that REFUSE to go together. Better to go to Copenhagen furniture if you can afford it!!!

I recently bought some stuff from IKEA and the two frying pans I bought actually came with instructions in 18 languages! Seems they need special cleaning...need to cool off before washing because of the structure of the pan when it gets hot and then cold. Oh brother.:rolleyes:

John McGilvary

Diesel Donna said:
No John, we're not allowed to do that! The water is too shallow there, and too many boats!

I jumped in right off my deck. I can't wait until all these weekend warriors go home and I can have my calm lake back again.
Donna, for years on the first weekend in May my "X" and I would stay on the island and watch the Hobie races. You live in a real interesting place. Is Husongs Cantina still there? I will make it down there some time soon when it gets cooler. 118 is real hot for me, I live in the mountians. See ya John

Diesel Donna

John McGilvary said:
Donna, for years on the first weekend in May my "X" and I would stay on the island and watch the Hobie races. You live in a real interesting place. Is Husongs Cantina still there? I will make it down there some time soon when it gets cooler. 118 is real hot for me, I live in the mountians. See ya John

Ya know, I'm not sure if Hussong's is still in business or not.I should call and find out but there are many more new restaraunts in town. Casa Serrano is my favorite Mexican place, down by the McDonald's. Let me know when you can make it down here.....if it is still hot I will come to town on my waverunner and meet you for lunch.If it is cooler out I will drive around...I'm on the CA side. I WISH I lived in the mountains too! ~~~~Donna

John McGilvary

Diesel Donna said:
Ya know, I'm not sure if Hussong's is still in business or not.I should call and find out but there are many more new restaraunts in town. Casa Serrano is my favorite Mexican place, down by the McDonald's. Let me know when you can make it down here.....if it is still hot I will come to town on my waverunner and meet you for lunch.If it is cooler out I will drive around...I'm on the CA side. I WISH I lived in the mountains too! ~~~~Donna
Donna, do they still have the boat rides up to Bull Hesd City? John

marie68csmustangs

He has so many of 'em he'd probably never even notice if you "borrowed" one of 'em for awhile....But don't ever say I told you that:grin: :lipsseal: :lipsseal:
j/k hehe

Can't wait to hear of the day you bought one of your very own!!!! You are worthy keeper of one!!

Jim

Yeah, Tim has some many of them around that - It might take him time to notice that one of them was missing because I borrowed one for a while.. But, I imagine that the gas money to drive it down to Sacramento should be a pretty penny.. But, pretty soon He'll find out that one of His precious Mustangs was missing.... Hopefully He won't read this thread.... :icon_pani

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

He probably sleeps with the keys under his pillow at night. That would make it tough to steal, lol.

Diesel Donna

John McGilvary said:
Donna, do they still have the boat rides up to Bull Hesd City? John

I know that they still take the tour boats up through Topock Gorge but not sure of anything that goes by water to Bullhead City. Do you want me to find out? Anything you need just let me know. ~~~~Donna

marie68csmustangs

Mustanglvr said:
He probably sleeps with the keys under his pillow at night. That would make it tough to steal, lol.

Yeah, Though that I would find it very hard to sleep with all of the keys under the pillow.. Found it hard to sleep on one set of keys try seven!!! Hahaha!

Marie